Old June 16th 05, 01:11 AM
John Smith

lol... oh no, a cop huh?

John

"Fred W4JLE" wrote in message
QFU K

"John Smith" wrote in message
news
Bob:

But look at the difference in the quality of analytical minds at
play--many police are barely above brain dead--big hulks we use for
muscle, or ex-marines trained to do-do in a corner when commanded...

Old June 16th 05, 01:55 AM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:05:03 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Bob:

But look at the difference in the quality of analytical minds at
play--many police are barely above brain dead--big hulks we use for
muscle, or ex-marines trained to do-do in a corner when commanded...

The judges have proven some IQ and mental powers before being granted a
seat...

John

Well, I wouldn't characterize all cops as brain dead, besides, I
believe it is the attorneys in the DA's office who actually bring
charges. And, yes, it is their job to promote the perceived guilt of
the defendant, but otherwise, you would not have a court case. Nor is
that the same as saying someone is perceived guilty until proven not
so. It is the DA's job to overcome a perceived, legal innocence, in
the courtroom, of the defendant.

I'm getting bored... back to SWR.

bob
k5qwg

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:36:53 -0700, Bill Turner
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:48:04 GMT, Bob Miller
wrote:

Amendments V and VI describe a process that would be meaningless
unless one is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

_______________________________________________ __

If OJ was "presumed innocent until proven guilty", why was he kept in
jail for one whole year before and during his trial? Do we lock up
people who are "presumed innocent"?

The concept is deeply embedded in American beliefs, but in reality, it
does not seem to exist.

The police who brought charges obviously thought he was guilty and
took precautions by locking OJ away, but legally, as far as the court
and the judge were concerned, he was presumed innocent and received
all of the judicial protections that that implies.

bob
k5qwg

Old June 16th 05, 02:10 AM
John Smith

Bob:

Yeah, that remark of mine did NOT make allowances for those just stuck
there because of circumstances ...

.... and, the convo is pretty much over when you have been asked to go
away... frown

Warmest regards,
John

wrote:

[...]

. ..

______________________________________________ ___

Old June 16th 05, 01:12 PM
Ham op

Bob Miller wrote:

SNIPPED

I'm getting bored... back to SWR.

bob
k5qwg

Ah !!! Good ol' SWR [S]hort [W]ave [R]adio

Or, am I missing sumptin ?

Old June 16th 05, 06:21 PM
John Smith

Bill:

That sounds like an excellent idea, in fact, I will fire off a few
emails to my reps and george right now... you suppose they'll read 'em?
Or, care for that matter... frown

Regards,
John

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:02:00 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

We just need a method to make them back responsible to us...

Agreed.

I would suggest we need a Constitutional amendment which allows an
initiative process at the Federal level, much like many states have.

--
BT

Old June 21st 05, 10:20 PM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:13:06 -0500, "Ken Bessler"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:47:05 -0500, (Richard
Harrison) wrote:
Thank you -- I had no idea that three-state logic was a
Scottish invention. :-)

It's 4 state logic - you forgot PAR.

Which means ....

Ken

(OT) 'I killed innocent people for our government' confesses Staff Sgt. Jimmy Massey T. Early Shortwave 2 June 2nd 04 04:10 AM
Leland is innocent deck-the-hall CB 0 March 9th 04 10:10 PM
Leland Scott Is Innocent Ruby Tuesday CB 0 March 9th 04 09:04 PM
Is Michael Jackson Innocent? Steve Stone Policy 254 December 26th 03 09:26 PM