Old July 10th 05, 10:14 PM
Ham op

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:56:44 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

For a police state to exist, the first step is
to disarm the citizens.

The citizens in this country have never been armed, and in fact even
hand-guns for sport use were recently outlawed.

73 de G3NYY

"... NEVER BEEN ARMED ..."! Is that REALLY TRUE ?

If I recall history lessons regarding ANGLO-SAXON conflicts over the
past 1000 years, I seem to recall that many armies were 'raised' in the
Isles and the people provided their own weapons.

Only after the establishment of a solid Monarchy were the citizens
disarmed. [Power consolidating control of Power].

Is my understanding of history wrong ?

Old July 10th 05, 11:07 PM
Tom Donaly

wrote:

For a police state to exist, the first step is
to disarm the citizens.

The citizens in this country have never been armed, and in fact even
hand-guns for sport use were recently outlawed.

73 de G3NYY

"... NEVER BEEN ARMED ..."! Is that REALLY TRUE ?

If I recall history lessons regarding ANGLO-SAXON conflicts over the
past 1000 years, I seem to recall that many armies were 'raised' in the
Isles and the people provided their own weapons.

Only after the establishment of a solid Monarchy were the citizens
disarmed. [Power consolidating control of Power].

Is my understanding of history wrong ?

So what kind of handguns did King Alfred outlaw? Maybe that
was why King Ethelred was so unready.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RU
Old July 10th 05, 11:13 PM
Spike

Polly parrotted:

Actually, just did a quick webbing and found enough to
realise that the claims are founded upon feet of clay.....

1. You do not separately excite the E and H fields because
if you excite an E field, you get a corresponding H field, and vice-versa,
even if it is your intention to excite separately.

Can this be the same idiot who thought that a spring/damper
combination was the mechanical equivalent of a coil and capacitor, on
the grounds that they both exhibited resonance?

from
Aero Spike
Old July 10th 05, 11:46 PM
Gerard Lynch

"Tom Donaly" wrote in message
.. .

Only after the establishment of a solid Monarchy were the citizens
disarmed. [Power consolidating control of Power].

Um, a little. There's been a solid monarchy in England, at least, for about
1200 years.

Guns aren't an issue here. We're not allowed to have them. Nobody much (as
in about 90% of the population) cares. We care about things you folks have
never even heard about instead (fancy an ID card?)

Here endeth the second lesson.

--
73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk

Old July 11th 05, 12:27 AM
Frank

"Spike" wrote in message
Polly parrotted:

Actually, just did a quick webbing and found enough to
realise that the claims are founded upon feet of clay.....

1. You do not separately excite the E and H fields because
if you excite an E field, you get a corresponding H field, and vice-versa,
even if it is your intention to excite separately.

Can this be the same idiot who thought that a spring/damper
combination was the mechanical equivalent of a coil and capacitor, on
the grounds that they both exhibited resonance?

from
Aero Spike

The spring and damper can be exactly model as an electrical analog; as can
virtually any physical system. As a reference refer to "Dynamics of
Physical Circuits and Systems", by Lindsay and Katz at Concordia University,
Montreal. ISBN 0-916460-21-5 published by Matrix of Beaverton OR.

Frank

Old July 11th 05, 12:34 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Wow! Check your history. Once it was a requirement for persons in England
to be armed. Practice was also compulsory.

It is true, and always has been true, that only when the state is not
afraid of its armed populous that you have citizens rather than mere
subjects.

Respectfully, Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old July 11th 05, 01:43 AM
Roy Lewallen

Spike wrote:

Can this be the same idiot who thought that a spring/damper
combination was the mechanical equivalent of a coil and capacitor, on
the grounds that they both exhibited resonance?

from
Aero Spike

I'm that idiot. Actually, one of the very many. The equations for the
two systems are identical.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL, ROW, ASI
(Reg's Old Wife and now Aero Spike's Idiot. The titles just keep
accumulating. Of course I'm also a proud member of the OFC.)
Old July 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Frank

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Spike wrote:

Can this be the same idiot who thought that a spring/damper
combination was the mechanical equivalent of a coil and capacitor, on
the grounds that they both exhibited resonance?

from
Aero Spike

I'm that idiot. Actually, one of the very many. The equations for the two
systems are identical.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL, ROW, ASI
(Reg's Old Wife and now Aero Spike's Idiot. The titles just keep
accumulating. Of course I'm also a proud member of the OFC.)

Of course, I should have mentioned a mass/spring/damper (equivalent to
capacitor/inductor/resistor), not just spring/damper. I think the only
physical system that can not be entirely modeled as an electrical analog is
a thermal system; which has no inductor equivalent.

Frank

Old July 11th 05, 01:59 AM
Roy Lewallen

Oops, I stand corrected -- thanks, Frank. Once again I read too hastily.
A *mass*/spring combination mimics an inductor/capacitor, of course. A
damper adds resistance. So a spring/damper combination would act more
like an RC or RL circuit, but with a little stray L or C from the
spring's mass.

Hope I don't have to give up my new title. Titles really impress folks
in some parts of the world.

Old July 11th 05, 02:08 AM
Walter Maxwell

"Gerard Lynch" wrote in message

"Tom Donaly" wrote in message
.. .

Only after the establishment of a solid Monarchy were the citizens
disarmed. [Power consolidating control of Power].

Um, a little. There's been a solid monarchy in England, at least, for

about
1200 years.

Guns aren't an issue here. We're not allowed to have them. Nobody much

(as
in about 90% of the population) cares. We care about things you folks

have
never even heard about instead (fancy an ID card?)

Here endeth the second lesson.

--
73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk

Just try to imagine what you bloody 'ole Brits could have accomplished
around 1200 if you'd only had the tremendously high voltages achieved in the
near field of a CFA antenna to hurl at the enemy.

Walt