Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 2nd 05, 08:03 PM
Ken Bessler

Default Suggestions?

I'm looking for an antenna connector with the following
idea:

I want to mount a spare 2m/440 mobile antenna on my
race bike and use my FT-51R ht on my belt with the
deluxe remote mic on the handlebars.

Problem is that if I wreck, the radio will want to stay on
my belt but the coax going to the antenna won't! The mic
connector will pull out but the antenna connector (BNC)
will stay until something breaks. If I wreck, I may need my
HT to call for assistance (it's happened once before) I
need an inepensive 50 ohm pair of connectors that will slide
apart when pulled. Kinda like a push on F fitting but for
50 ohm RG-58 cable.

The only ones I've thought of are the F fitting or an RCA
connection. Anybody know the impedance of an RCA plug?

Are there push on BNC or 259 connectors? Cost matters.

--
Just my 2¢... 73 es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #-1055