Old August 21st 05, 05:00 AM
John Smith

Fred:

Quite obviously, there is no such thing as time.

However, since he is attempting to discern if there is a change in his
speed (rapidity at which he is transversing the ether), against a speed
which we now claim as a "law"--i.e. speed-of-light, he must attempt
something, and measure it against some other spinning object (namely
earth, when he uses his watch.)

He would actually need to throw away the watch and race a laser beam on a
parallel course to himself, which is originating in a third place behind
him to get any meaningful measurement at all, as all he is interested in
is how fast he is traveling in relationship to light transversing the same
media as himself.

But he is doomed to failure, as surely you must see. Time = movement =
distance, since there is no such thing as time, it is actually distance
(or space itself in between points he travels) which he is really causing
to change, and to my knowledge, we have not yet constructed the device
which can measure such, but a shortening of distance is obviously
happening between him and his destination, those lines of ether which
connect him to his destination are being warped in someway not understood,
probably being bent back upon themselves like a horseshoe, and now he is
not actually traveling the distance around the horseshoe, but rather,
stepping across the two ends.

Ether, the real "matter" of the universe, passes though our altered state
(caused by the big bang ripping our "matter" from the real matter the
universe is composed of and altering its properties into "our matter")
like a gas though a screen composed of very large holes. At the speed of
light this resistance of our bodies to the flow of ether though them fails
to remain insignificant, what happens next, when our matter finally
becomes a real resistance to ether and then goes further to "push" the
ether in a flow not of its' own design, and in a way we have never seen
done since the big bang, is unknown...

.... but, I do think upon these things ... and others claim there is
nothing to even be thought upon ...

.... but then you already knew there was no way to answer your original
question, at least not correctly ...

John

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:49:03 -0400, Fred W4JLE wrote:

John, picture if you will, an observer on earth watches a spacecraft pass
between the moon and the sun at 99.9%C. The occupant of the space craft
knows that the distance is about 93 million miles and clicks his stopwatch
as he passes the moon, and again as he passes the sun. Given the time and
distance, he computes his speed (measured with his slowed down time piece)
and concludes he has exceeded C. Ergo there must be analogs of C. What say
you?

"John Smith" wrote in message
news
Fred:

I don't believe that anyone has demonstrated faster than light
transmission of an energy, wave or particle, where the effect is
duplicable on demand, yet...

I do believe it will be done in the future, hopefully the rather near
future... but it will can only be done by people who are searching for
way--the scoffers will never, ever be able to present us with a method
to do so--on that you can bet heavily!

John

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:42:58 -0400, Fred W4JLE wrote:

Anyone who has ever watched Startrek knows the light speed limitation is
incorrect.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
http://www.livescience.com/technolog...fastlight.html

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+
Newsgroups
=----

Old August 21st 05, 05:13 AM
John Smith

Cecil:

Quite factually, I agree with you, whether you were just kidding or not...

John

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:47:09 -0500, Cecil Moore wrote:

John Smith wrote:
I don't believe that anyone has demonstrated faster than light
transmission of an energy, wave or particle, where the effect is
duplicable on demand, yet...

Entangled particles may not violate the letter of the speed
of light limit but they certainly violate the spirit of the
limit. When man figures out how to change the entangled particle
generation pattern from random to predictable, we will have
faster than light communications. It's just a matter of time. :-)

Old August 21st 05, 03:17 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Quite factually, I agree with you, whether you were just kidding or not...

I thought the multiple meanings of, "It's just a matter of time.",
was humorous.

Consider that the complete quantum state of a particle could be
teleported to Mars and back to Earth without suffering the speed
of light delay. This has already been demonstrated in the physics
lab. Unfortunately, all quantum states must necessarily remain
unknown until the complete quantum state is teleported back to Earth.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 21st 05, 05:56 PM
John Smith

Cecil:

"It boggles the mind.", is often an over-statement. Here it is not. It
is no doubt many would question the sanity of men who even are so
brazen that they would ponder such things--in other words, I think we are
going to have to take a little flack over all this...

It is why I pointed out princetons' egg project. You see how careful they
are, the detail they even pay to picking the words they choose to even
advance discussion of the matter, least they be branded "kooks."

It will be exciting when we are even able to grasp the smallest detail of
the functioning of all this...

John

Old August 21st 05, 09:07 PM
Ham op

Fred W4JLE wrote:

John, picture if you will, an observer on earth watches a spacecraft pass
between the moon and the sun at 99.9%C. The occupant of the space craft
knows that the distance is about 93 million miles and clicks his stopwatch
as he passes the moon, and again as he passes the sun. Given the time and
distance, he computes his speed (measured with his slowed down time piece)
and concludes he has exceeded C. Ergo there must be analogs of C. What say
you?

Doesn't the Relativistic Gamma Function ALSO change distance?

Everything is RELATIVE: except the absolute velocity of light.

Old August 21st 05, 09:10 PM
Ham op

Ah Ha! The identical twin particles and information sharing at
velocities faster than light. Hmmm ....

But, it's been many years since my collage days. Maybe Physics has changed.

Old August 22nd 05, 12:27 AM
Cecil Moore

Ham op wrote:
Ah Ha! The identical twin particles and information sharing at
velocities faster than light. Hmmm ....

Duuuuhhhh, unknown quantum states cannot share information.