Old October 12th 05, 12:15 AM
David

Default EZNEC model of sleeve antenna

Thank you to whoever provided the coordinates for the model of this antenna.

I wrote them down and entered them when I saw them in your posting but
the original email has been automatically removed from the folder in my
email client.

There has been a lot of discussion and side issues raised from my
original post but I am grateful for you taking the time to provide the
information for me.

I am a novice with regard to antenna theory and have no previous
experience with antenna modeling. Your post has given me a good starting
point.
I entered the coordinates and (beside initially selecting wavelengths
instead of inches) the model ran fine.
I was then able to scale it up to the frequency of interest (920 MHz)
and now I am playing with the sleeve diameter, sleeve length and
radiator length to observe how these are effecting radiation pattern and
SWR.

There was also mention of a book regarding basic antenna modeling, my
next step will be to purchase a good book to help me understand the
process and limitations etc.

Thanks again

Regards

David Huisman
Old October 12th 05, 01:58 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:15:51 GMT, David wrote:

I was then able to scale it up to the frequency of interest (920 MHz)
and now I am playing with the sleeve diameter, sleeve length and
radiator length to observe how these are effecting radiation pattern and
SWR.

Hi David,

Also take care to scale the conductor size too. At your intended
frequency, and to achieve parity with the 100MHz results, this is very
much demanded.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old October 12th 05, 02:35 PM
Frank

"David" wrote in message
[...]

I recommend Cebik's book from www.nittany-scientific.com. The ARRL modeling
course is probably similar, since Cebik was also involved in its
development.

Regards,

Frank

Old October 12th 05, 04:37 PM
Dan Richardson

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:35:55 GMT, "Frank"
wrote:

I recommend Cebik's book from www.nittany-scientific.com. The ARRL modeling
course is probably similar, since Cebik was also involved in its
development.

I have both. In my opinion, the ARRL's modeling course book would a
better choice for those starting out in modeling. That isn't meant
that is limited. Anyone who finishes the course should have an
excellent understand of modeling and able to knowledgeably make
complex models using programs such as EZNEC or NecWinPlus+.

Nittany's book would be a better choice for those who prefer using NEC
card input formats.

73,
Danny, K6MHE

Old October 12th 05, 04:59 PM
Frank

wrote:

I recommend Cebik's book from www.nittany-scientific.com. The ARRL
modeling
course is probably similar, since Cebik was also involved in its
development.

I have both. In my opinion, the ARRL's modeling course book would a
better choice for those starting out in modeling. That isn't meant
that is limited. Anyone who finishes the course should have an
excellent understand of modeling and able to knowledgeably make
complex models using programs such as EZNEC or NecWinPlus+.

Nittany's book would be a better choice for those who prefer using NEC
card input formats.

73,
Danny, K6MHE

Good point. I should have mentioned that the book deals almost exclusively
with NEC card input formats.

73,

Frank

Old October 18th 05, 06:54 AM
Roy Lewallen

Sorry I missed this -- I've been out of the country and generally unable
to access the newsgroups. But it looks like it got resolved
satisfactorily. Anyone with a specific question about EZNEC modeling is
welcome and encouraged to contact me directly (after making an honest
effort at finding the answer in the manual, of course).

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Make your own T2FD Kees Shortwave 75 July 2nd 04 07:54 AM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM