Old December 3rd 03, 04:17 PM
Cecil Moore

Ed Price wrote:
Getting closer to the truth, but exactly what, besides redundant, is a
"representative republic"? Perhaps you meant to say "constitutional
republic".

In a pure democracy, the voters vote directly on the laws. In a
representative republic, the voters vote on a representative who
votes directly on the laws. In a constitutional republic, some laws
are off limits both to the voters and to the representatives, i.e.
inalienable rights (at least until the constitution is ammended).
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 3rd 03, 04:23 PM
Cecil Moore

Ed Price wrote:

"Dave Shrader" wrote:
The HOA police show up! What are Bill's options: He is retired and his
income is lower than when employed so moving is a very difficult option?

His current options? Take down that simple antenna, and all is now in
compliance with the HOA CC&R's. That shouldn't stretch his budget too far.

But Bill has bigger problems. His car broke down and he can't afford to
fix it. His electricity has been turned off. His shoes have holes in them.
He's three months late on his taxes. What should be done?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 3rd 03, 06:42 PM
J Aurelio

In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

Ed Price wrote:
Getting closer to the truth, but exactly what, besides redundant, is a
"representative republic"? Perhaps you meant to say "constitutional
republic".

In a pure democracy, the voters vote directly on the laws. In a
representative republic, the voters vote on a representative who
votes directly on the laws. In a constitutional republic, some laws
are off limits both to the voters and to the representatives, i.e.
inalienable rights (at least until the constitution is ammended).

No, inalienable rights are not subject to constitutional gerrymandering.
--
messages to this account go into the bit bucket
Old December 3rd 03, 08:33 PM
Cecil Moore

J Aurelio wrote:
No, inalienable rights are not subject to constitutional gerrymandering.

On the contrary, I have an inalienable right to consume wine.
God gave us grapes and yeast and granted us dominion over all the
plants. Jesus turned water into wine. The US government saw fit
to suspend that inalienable right during the 20's & 30's. Thank
God I was born in 1938.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 4th 03, 03:28 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:23:14 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Ed Price wrote:

"Dave Shrader" wrote:
The HOA police show up! What are Bill's options: He is retired and his
income is lower than when employed so moving is a very difficult option?

His current options? Take down that simple antenna, and all is now in
compliance with the HOA CC&R's. That shouldn't stretch his budget too far.

But Bill has bigger problems. His car broke down and he can't afford to
fix it. His electricity has been turned off. His shoes have holes in them.
He's three months late on his taxes. What should be done?

Go on welfare and let his neighbors support him. Then when they
complain he can claim class discrimination. It just might work.

Roger (K8RI)

You'll have to fix the return add due to dumb virus checkers, not spam
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old December 4th 03, 04:08 AM
Jerry Oxendine

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
Well if I am not mistaken --- PRB-1 is NOT applicable to HOA's
Only municipal, county, etc

But you must've not read the entire post. I said that there are moves in
Congress to make those HOAs null and void, and those stuffed shirted old
buzzards will have to
make reasonable accomodations as is the case now under PRB-1. I am all for
it. The control freaks will just have to get a case of the "poochy lip" and
bear it.

For me, I have been here for 17 years--same house, same 70 ft antenna
tower. And a few dipoles to boot. I
doubt that that anyone is going to come along and make me move them. I'd
fight liked a cornered tiger! Then I'd
shoot 'em the bird and move far out into the country on
enough land to have those "Posted" signs on it and de-double dog dare anyone
to come messin' round. LOL!

Jerry

Jerry
K4KWH
"

Old December 4th 03, 04:21 AM
Jerry Oxendine

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Ed Price wrote:

"Dave Shrader" wrote:
The HOA police show up! What are Bill's options: He is retired and his
income is lower than when employed so moving is a very difficult option?

His current options? Take down that simple antenna, and all is now in
compliance with the HOA CC&R's. That shouldn't stretch his budget too

far.

But Bill has bigger problems. His car broke down and he can't afford to
fix it. His electricity has been turned off. His shoes have holes in them.
He's three months late on his taxes. What should be done?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

I am not following your premise. What does this have with Bill being "poor"
and his ability, or restictions from,
putting up antennas? Heck, Cecil, I'm pretty "poor" myself! LOL! All that
does is keep me looking at HRO
catalogues and wishing I could buy more radios. It doesn't prevent me from
erecting antennas as my budget allows.

Jerry

Old December 4th 03, 03:11 PM
Cecil Moore

Jerry Oxendine wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote:
But Bill has bigger problems. His car broke down and he can't afford to
fix it. His electricity has been turned off. His shoes have holes in them.
He's three months late on his taxes. What should be done?

I am not following your premise. What does this have with Bill being "poor"
and his ability, or restictions from, putting up antennas?

A ham antenna is just one of the problems that Bill has. Why should a
ham antenna problem get more of a special treatment that any of Bill's
other problems? Premise #1: Some old people need free prescription drugs.
Premise #2: Some old people need free shoes. Premise #3: Some old people
need ham radio antennas. Where does it end?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 4th 03, 06:59 PM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:11:03 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Jerry Oxendine wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote:
But Bill has bigger problems. His car broke down and he can't afford to
fix it. His electricity has been turned off. His shoes have holes in them.
He's three months late on his taxes. What should be done?

I am not following your premise. What does this have with Bill being "poor"
and his ability, or restictions from, putting up antennas?

A ham antenna is just one of the problems that Bill has. Why should a
ham antenna problem get more of a special treatment that any of Bill's
other problems? Premise #1: Some old people need free prescription drugs.
Premise #2: Some old people need free shoes. Premise #3: Some old people
need ham radio antennas. Where does it end?

You mean I wasted all those years, going to college (at age 47) and
then working to build up a retirement account when I could have gotten
some one else to foot the bill?