Old November 23rd 03, 01:53 AM
Restricted_HAM

Hi

I agree with you, however, all the new homes have these restrictions, why ?

answer, to get a loan the banks want the restrictions and the builder wants
them
so nobody gets out of line before he sells out all the homesites.

Otherwise he gets stuck with unsold lots and homes and can't pay the loans he
got.

It I wanted to drive north or south of the city I live in I could get a nice
lot, build a nice
house and do anything I want.
Problem is the schools are not as new and up to date compared to those in my
county
I currently live in.

Also the commute is something to think about and utilities available.

I would NEVER live in a place that tries to tell me how to run my house or
yard. I'd tell them to go F%^K themselves and move.

I never understood why people put up with such bulls^&t.

Old November 23rd 03, 03:12 AM
Clint

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Clint,
----clipped---

I recommend more hams doing this if thier home owner
gods become assholes as well.

Clint

I wouldn't. I'd recomend that if you can't abide by the
rules
that you said you would, then either don't sign the contract, or
move. All these little tales say more about the person's moral
fortitude than it does the HOA's policies...
'Doc

...kinda like sympathizing with HOA's that also frequently ban
flying an american flag as well.

Clint

Old November 23rd 03, 03:13 AM
Clint

wrote in message ...
That's how much you know about me. I don't sign leases.

'Doc wrote:

The only one you can blame for this problem is your
self. You signed the lease...
'Doc

as much as this person defends the jack-booted thugs of HOA's,
there must be something more to it that we don't know, wouldn't
you say?

Clint

Old November 23rd 03, 03:41 AM
Joey

I'll NEVER buy into any property with such nonsense. PERIOD.

If you want to live under the paint & lawn Nazis go live in Irvine
(Calif). Oh and make sure your window coverings all match. I was
working on one building were the Irvine Co. (land nazis who own lots
of the county) had a ****-fit because the intercom on the building
didn't "match" the rest of the bland non-threatening colors. They even
ripped up the sidewalk cause it was 1 shade off of some oppressive
color scheme. And repainted the generator enclosed *3* times for the
same reason.

Thank god I live in an older town where there are plenty of
bull****-free properties that you actually OWN without restrictions.
The city only has a few ordinances such as not storing piece of ****
cars on the street for more than 72 hours, and not paving over your
entire front yard for parking. You can have however many RV's and
boats that you want in the back yard and long as there's a 6' fence.
And yes we allow fences.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:05:36 -0500, wrote:

Thank you.... .......

I am moving into a housing plan with such antenna restrictions. But
what housing plan doesn't have them. There is always someone trying to
tell some else how to live their lives, or knows what's best for you.

"A.Pismo Clam" wrote:

Hello All!

I live in San Diego and have been a PBS supporter for many years. An
article in this months "On Air" PBS magazine has made my day! The
article is on page #3. It is written by the General Manager of the tv
station. I have not read the document in question, but it does sound too
good to be true. How curious are you? If you live in San Diego, you
might find a copy in your local library.

In essence he says that the:

"...[Federal] government will defend your right to crawl up on the roof
and put up a BIG, HONKING antenna, despite the protests of nosy
neighbors, community planners, rental management companies, local
governemnt bureaucrats and other meddlesome busybodies."

Want to know how? Here is the URL:

www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Now you may have to prove to "the opposition" that the antenna you have
erected can indeed receive "local" television stations, but that should
not be that difficult to do...

Old November 23rd 03, 03:57 AM
Brenda Ann

'Doc wrote:

The only one you can blame for this problem is your
self. You signed the lease...
'Doc

as much as this person defends the jack-booted thugs of HOA's,
there must be something more to it that we don't know, wouldn't
you say?

All part of the fascist-izing of America.. whatever happened to "a man's
home is his castle"?

I can understand where people have a right to not want someone storing a
dozen rusty cars on their front lawn, or allowing their grass to get 3'
tall.. but as far as antennas, etc.. they have no business telling a
homeowner what to do. It's not right that they should be telling people
what color they can paint their house, what kind of plants or animals they
can or cannot have, etc..

Old November 23rd 03, 10:39 AM
Ed Price

'Doc wrote:

The only one you can blame for this problem is your
self. You signed the lease...
'Doc

as much as this person defends the jack-booted thugs of HOA's,
there must be something more to it that we don't know, wouldn't
you say?

All part of the fascist-izing of America.. whatever happened to "a man's
home is his castle"?

I can understand where people have a right to not want someone storing a
dozen rusty cars on their front lawn, or allowing their grass to get 3'
tall.. but as far as antennas, etc.. they have no business telling a
homeowner what to do. It's not right that they should be telling people
what color they can paint their house, what kind of plants or animals they
can or cannot have, etc..

Brenda obviously never had a neighbor whose hobby was arc-welding hot-rod
chassis from 6PM till midnight, or who thought having a few roosters was
cute, or who installed a couple of 55-gallon drums in their backyard so that
they could burn the insulation off of (likely stolen) wire to reclaim the
copper, or who painted their house purple and pink, or whose brother &
significant other lived in a 5-level treehouse overlooking her back yard for
two years. (BTW, Tarzan & Jane actually complained about RFI to their boom
box from my all-band vertical!) All these antics happened in the last 20
years to me. However, as I don't appreciate CC&R's, and the Bulgarian border
guard mentality of those who enforce them, I try to overlook my neighbors'
eccentricities. And I have no sympathy for anyone who contracts into a CC&R
situation, and then expects special dispensation for themselves.

Ed
WB6WSN

Old November 23rd 03, 10:46 AM
Ed Price

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
link.net...
"Jim Higgins" wrote:

It limits you to antennas 1 meter in diameter
or across the diagonal. No 6-ele 20M beams
here.

No, it doesn't have that limit. The first paragraph describes antennas

for
satellite services and the second paragraph describes antennas for video
programming services. The third paragraph...

(3) An antenna that is designed to receive
local television broadcast signals. Masts
higher than 12 feet above the roofline may
be subject to local permitting requirements.

...describes antennas for broadcast television and no size limit is
described (only the height limit). By the way, a large 20M beam should
receive broadcast television fairly nicely (with a little hardware to cut
out the television while transmitting).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Read the rest of the ruling. It defines that the antenna may be located only
in your private area (patio, balcony), not in the public or mutually owned
areas (roof, outside wall). This makes it none too helpful for apartment and
condo dwellers. Accept it; there are some hobbies that are incompatible with
high-density dwellings.

Ed
WB6WSN

Old November 23rd 03, 02:57 PM
WilleeCue

Wow, a refreshing ray of truth and logic shines thru the smog.
Why indeed would someone agree to something they did not intend to abide by?

(excluding all women, of course)

Willee

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Pappy127,
You are absolutely right! I don't know anything
about you.
The point being, that if you sign an agreement with
the knowledge that you do not intend to abide by that
agreement, then you shouldn't be upset when you are
penalized for breaking the agreement. Is that so hard
to understand?
'Doc

Old November 23rd 03, 03:02 PM
WilleeCue

wrote in message ...

And yes,
receiving antennas can be hidden quite well. Some of us are licensed ham
and enjoy our hobby as you do. Just because we move into a new home in a
new area why should we give up the hobby we so enjoy?

Why, if ham radio is such an importaint part of your life, was it not
included in your plans for a new home?
If I wanted an antenna farm the last place I would look for property would
be in a housing project.
I would be looking at a rual area where there is lots of trees to hang wire
from and lots of ground to plant towers.

Willee

Old November 23rd 03, 03:24 PM

What Ed is saying is: If you enjoy a hobby that requires an antenna or
anything outside your home forget it, buckle down to raising fish and
sell the radio hobby stuff.

That will be the day I turn my home over the HOA Cops, agreement or not.
If homeowners keep buckling down to these people next thing you will be
paying their mortgage and taxes.

Go Bless America for the freedoms our proud veterans fought for.