Old January 20th 04, 10:24 PM
www.ttdown.com

On 19 Jan 2004 11:04:58 -0800, (PatW) wrote:

Interesting discussion. As a the former treasurer of a large
complex(250 units), I was the chair of the roofing committee. The
roofs were all failing on 30 buildings and an inspector was hired to
review them. The junk that was attached to the roofs was one of the
major problems. Cables penetrating the surface etc.
In one case, a TV antenna was screwed right into the roof. When it
comes to common property like that, the association cannot allow
individuals to attach their own private stuff wherever they want.
So, homeowners can put up a TV antenna, but the association has to
protect the roofs, at a minimum, from damage.
I don't know how you can accomplish both.
Pat W

Oh, well... Associated rather undeniable right to install your (ham or
whatever) antenna comes a lengthy section on "protecting and
safeguarding the use of common spaces by other tenants" and "not
damaging structural or other pieces of the house's infrastructure"

Keep in mind that possibly 70% of people in Spain live in appartment
blocks, even in rather small towns, not larger than a couple of 10.000
inhabitants. Real estate have skyrocketed with the governement we've
had for the last 8 years, it's hard to find even a modest, 40-year old
60 sqMtr appartment even in a 50.000 inhabitant town for less than
120.000 $US and you guys will easily get a house (maybe faaaar in the
outskirts, but a house) for that price.