Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 19th 05, 11:29 PM
Junior Member

Default Passive battery switch RFID

Hello guys,

I am building an RF tag that will transmit some data using a microcontroller and a 433 Mhz transmitter. But I do not want to place any buttons on the device nor have it be on at all times. So I was wondering is there a way to create a magnetic field at the source to generate an induced current in this tag to perhaps flip a switch to turn on the internal battery? And once the tag is out of the fields range the switch will open again?

I know systems such as the Sunpass or other electronic toll payments use something like this.

If anyone has any information on how this can be done, please help.

Thanks.

MAHA MH-C777PlusII MAHA MH-C777 battery reconditioner recommendation? fancy nospam tunes General 0 April 23rd 05 03:57 PM
Are Alincos Throw-Away Radios? (Finding a DJ-C5 Battery) Steve Wolf Equipment 36 February 19th 04 02:51 PM
RFID Burr Shortwave 5 October 24th 03 02:51 AM
RFID Burr Scanner 3 October 24th 03 01:22 AM
FS/FT Commercial VHF/UHF & Test Gear - Long List David Little Swap 0 October 9th 03 03:55 AM