Old February 4th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Joe S.

Default More ATAS-120 problems

I installed a FT-857D and ATAS-120 on my truck. Everything worked fine
after the installation but now something has happened.

The rig does not recognize the antenna. I have gone through the antenna
initialization steps several times. I even reset the rig to default
positions and set up the antenna again.

Normally, when the ATAS is connected and tuned, the display will show ATAS.
If the antenna is not tuned, the display shows lower case atas until it is
tuned then it switches to ATAS.

Normally when you change frequenct and hit the TUNE button, the display says
WAIT and the antenna tunes itself. Now, when I hit the TUNE button, the rig
beeps once as though it is starting to tune the rig then it immediatly beeps
twice -- neither ATAS nor WAIT appears in the display.

I do not get an ATAS or atas on the display. When I press the TUNE button,
instead of tuning the antenna, the rig beeps, then beeps twice, and that's
it.

I have double-checked the coax and there are no problems with it. Checked
and double-checked all wiring and installations.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old February 14th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Doc

I would think that the radio is not recognizing the ATAS, so, try turning on
that ability. I know
nothing about the FT-857D, but would think there should be a 'menu' thingy
to turn the ATAS
feature on??
- 'Doc

OT - TELEPHONE PROBLEMS Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 June 30th 04 11:36 PM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
RF Problems David Carrick Antenna 0 July 31st 03 02:39 AM
ATAS 120 Rich Antenna 3 July 18th 03 08:46 AM