Old March 23rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

Default This is the one I was referring to.......

http://www.rys.nl.wfl.htm

How do I build this thing, I can't find schematics
anywhere...............Butch KF5DE
Old March 23rd 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:58:06 -0600, Butch Magee
wrote:

http://www.rys.nl.wfl.htm

How do I build this thing, I can't find schematics
anywhere...............Butch KF5DE

Hi Butch,

It would be infinitely easier if you visited the web page first, and
then COPY the url and PASTE it in your posting.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 23rd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob

Hi Butch

The cebik URL I posted gives you dimensions and values for a full length
one.

I'd suggest that since it is such a wide band device terminated in a
resistor, choose some arbitary value like 600 ohms, feed it via a balun
transformer and see what happens! Take the manufacturers description and
photo to work out the wire lengths.

What I am mainly getting at is being such a wideband antenna with
resistive loading, the dimensions wont be critical.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

Old March 23rd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave

then the web site is doing it's job... it got your attention. you have just
one misconception, they are SELLING the antenna, not trying to tell you how
to build it. so fork over some cash, probably big cash with fancy
components like oxygen free uv resistant litz wire! or just go throw some
wire in the air and stick a tuner on it and have fun.