Old December 16th 03, 04:24 AM
Cecil Moore

'Doc wrote:
Lets see. Half the cost of food. Half the cost of just
about everything, especially toilet paper!

Ain't it the truth? My XYL absolutely refused to use corn cobs.
'Course, she was not a Texan.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 16th 03, 04:50 AM
alt

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:

Hi Jack

I lived in an apartment for several years, NO ANTENNAS OF ANY KIND
ALLOWED. Inside or outside. They provided a TV antenna hookup,
lousy, but they provided it, so we couldn't even have rabbit ears.

TTUL
Gary

Things like that (and not being allowed to put my bicycle on the deck) are
why I won't move into a strata-complex.

--
Donovan Hill
Old December 16th 03, 03:33 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

alt verbositized:

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:

Hi Jack

I lived in an apartment for several years, NO ANTENNAS OF ANY KIND
ALLOWED. Inside or outside. They provided a TV antenna hookup,
lousy, but they provided it, so we couldn't even have rabbit ears.

TTUL
Gary

Things like that (and not being allowed to put my bicycle on the deck) are
why I won't move into a strata-complex.

--
Donovan Hill

Hi Donovan

I had no choice, it was company owned for temporary out of town
workers. The temporary just happen to last close to 5 years of and
on.

What do you do when you move into a subdivision with no restrictions
regarding antenna's and then later they add them?

TTUL
Gary

Old December 18th 03, 07:38 AM
alt

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:

alt verbositized:

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:

Hi Jack

I lived in an apartment for several years, NO ANTENNAS OF ANY KIND
ALLOWED. Inside or outside. They provided a TV antenna hookup,
lousy, but they provided it, so we couldn't even have rabbit ears.

TTUL
Gary

Things like that (and not being allowed to put my bicycle on the deck) are
why I won't move into a strata-complex.

--
Donovan Hill

Hi Donovan

I had no choice, it was company owned for temporary out of town
workers. The temporary just happen to last close to 5 years of and
on.

I suspected not. Stratas are excellent examples of ruling by committee. The
most rediculous rules get implemented like not being able to put my bicycle
on the deck, even though it was the only thing on the deck and I was on the
non-exposed side of the building where noone could really see it. But I got
fined $125 for the priviledge.

What do you do when you move into a subdivision with no restrictions
regarding antenna's and then later they add them?

I won't move into a strata governed subdivision. Never. Never. Never. I
don't need or want a bunch of people mettling in the way I keep my house
and yard. It's, quite frankly, none of their business as long as what I do
isn't a fire or other safety hazard.

But I'm also an asshole.

TTUL
Gary

--
Donovan Hill
Old December 18th 03, 12:55 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

I wouldn't say you were that alt!

I have also lived where there were zero rules or laws about property
or maintenance. That side of the fence is actually worse than having
some moderate restrictions as to livestock, house color, outbuildings,
etc. Lest you end up with a pig farmer upwind in a regal purple house
with dayglow orange outbuildings constructed of old auto bodies.

It is so easy to disguise or hide most ham antenna's, except towers
and yagi's of course, that it is not usually a problem for most hams.

I did have a 50 foot tower that was in place before the restrictions
came into play and was thus grandfathered.
I was a little irked when I changed my house color without prior
permission, considering the color was in their approved list already,
and they called me on it. There was no fine, and the color scheme was
approved as suitable. They had left no provisions for the common
three color blend of painting which is quite prevelent in our area.
All of their approved schemes consisted of only two colors.

TTUL
Gary

Old December 18th 03, 06:37 PM
Tdonaly

Gary wrote,
(snip)
Lest you end up with a pig farmer upwind in a regal purple house
with dayglow orange outbuildings constructed of old auto bodies.

What's wrong with that?
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Old December 20th 03, 12:46 AM
W4WNT

Hi Jack,

Take a look at the Par Electronics website. They make an end fed dipole for
bands 20m and up that might fit your needs. I've tried one as a sloper from
my deck and it seems to work well on 20m.

Good luck,

Bill, W4WNT

"j.beltz" wrote in message
i live in an single story first floor apartment,
any ideas on an 80-10 meter antenna indoors only,
thanks jack