Old June 28th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Default Anyone here think they would pay for a map like this?

I have created some software to create a radial map to help you know
where to point your antenna. A sample of the map can be seen here...
http://www.thewishzone.com/cdw/hamradio/RadialMap.gif

Pretty much any part of this map can be customized from the start and
end point of the radials how many degrees apart each one is, having
multiple sets of radials, such as a set every 1 degree from 97 to 100
miles out with an other set from 5 to 200 miles every 15 degrees. Any
number of sets of any length can be done. As well as circles of any
size. All very easy, just supply the center lat long. I can also print
the map any size up to 42" wide/high. I've never printed had any paper
that big on this printer but I do know it will take paper that big. I
would have got a 36" wide printer but it was too slow, and this one is
faster. With the software I am developing creating the map is very easy
but obviously printing it isn't cheap.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old June 28th 06, 03:23 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ben Jackson

On 2006-06-28, Chris W wrote:
I have created some software to create a radial map to help you know
where to point your antenna. A sample of the map can be seen here...
http://www.thewishzone.com/cdw/hamradio/RadialMap.gif

I'm sure if you started charging for those you'd be hearing from
Delorme...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old June 28th 06, 03:51 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

On 2006-06-28, Chris W wrote:

I have created some software to create a radial map to help you know
where to point your antenna. A sample of the map can be seen here...
http://www.thewishzone.com/cdw/hamradio/RadialMap.gif

I'm sure if you started charging for those you'd be hearing from
Delorme...

I'm sure I would too, that's why I am trying to contact them to see what
they have to say first. I may just print up one for me and a few for
some friends for the cost of using the printer and not sell them at all
but if it is something a lot of people would find useful and it can be
done for a reasonable price, then I will try to see if I can sell them.

Old June 28th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Howie

In message 2mkog.58280$9c6.45638@dukeread11, Chris W
writes
[...]

There's a free utillity called Pizza that does something like this.
What I like about it is , you can import your antenna polar diagram from
NEC etc and overlay that as well as the compass bearing. OK it's just a
line drawing map , but good enough for most purposes.

http://tonnesoftware.com/pizza.html

73 Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie
Old June 28th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Backfire Bob wrote:

You created what? Don't think so....
look up "plagiarize" or theft.......

Besides that, almost ANYONE can read and use a compass/map.
Why should they BUY yours?

Get a grip, of course I will have an agreement with the supplier of the
basic map data. Forgive me for thinking that others mind find useful
something I find useful.

I made this map for me and a few friends. If no one else wants one,
then so be it. I just thought, since it is now very easy for me to make
more, centered on any point, I would ask. Someone in another forum
mentioned that they could tell you where any town with in 100+ miles of
them was with in 15 degrees. If you are the same, I doubt you would
find this map very useful. As for me, there are over 400 towns with in
100 miles of me and I have no idea where most of them are. With this
map I can quickly look and see how far and in what direction places are
from me.

Old June 29th 06, 02:18 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Henry

geesh,just contact US geological service....any office.....I dealt with one
in denver and what ever US map you want is available for a few bucks

Henry

Old June 29th 06, 06:13 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Backfire Bob

Default Anyone here think this crap isnt a scam?

"Chris W" wrote in message
Backfire Bob wrote:

You created what? Don't think so....
look up "plagiarize" or theft.......

Besides that, almost ANYONE can read and use a compass/map.
Why should they BUY yours?

Get a grip, of course I will have an agreement with the supplier of the
basic map data. Forgive me for thinking that others mind find useful
something I find useful.
Chris W
KE5GIX
Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://the****zone.com

*I* should get a "grip" HAHAHAHA........
You ****ing little jerk! you SPAM the hell out of the internet,
include your STUPID ****zone site in EVERY post.You will try to
rip off every person you "touch" on here and HAM radio.
Read this Bozo......
NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND NEEDS YOUR CRAPPY "SERVICE"!!!!
NO ONE WANTS YOUR OVERPRICED CRAPOLA.
Grow up you ****ing 38 year old child.......how can you possibly be so god
damn stupid?
Take your ****-for-brains scams elsewhere......Turds like you are
annoying......

Old June 30th 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:27:21 GMT, "Backfire Bob"
wrote:

WOW Walt! you sure showed me..you fat old over inflated windbag....

The rank CBer exposes himself at every turn.

Of course, it was always inevitable that this would be the result of
letting these people into ham radio.
:-(

73 de G3NYY

Let's change his name to 'Backfire Boob'.

--
J S AUSTIN, W8JSA
AMATEUR RADIO STATION W8JSA

http://w8jsa.org/radio.html