Old September 15th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default CB amps & The Law

This listing (ebay # 12003035856) is in violation of Federal laws..
Nobody ever built a ten meter amplifier with 5 watts input.This is CB
Radio Amp.100% .. If you guys MUST practice this "BOOTLEGGING" please
leave Ham Radio out of it ..You are using Ham Radio to try and justify
your illegal activity and I resent it.. HAMS, WE MUST START POLICING
OUR RADIO ACTIVITES OR LOOSE OUR PRIVILEGES,, Then we would have to
BOOTLEG, Heaven forbid..W4PQW since 1948

Old September 15th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

About ten years ago I was using a Johnson Messenger 10 Meter transceiver in
the 10-M AM window, crystaled for 29.030MHz. I had a heck of a time (before
eBay) trying to find an old amp to use with the radio. I ended up building
my own sweep tube amp from a schematic I got years ago at AES in Milwaukee.

So, yes... I built an amp with 5-watt rated input for use on the 10M amateur
band. ....and, it worked well. A pair of sweeptubes in grounded grid with
a 6AQ5 keying tube.

BTW, back in 1971 anyone could walk into Amateur Electronic Supply, walk up
to the counter and get a copy of the plans/schematic for the amp I built.
The sales guys would then direct you to the parts bins to get the necessary
parts to build it. All the hams in Milwaukee knew what was going on there.
AES made a killing in the CB trade for decades.

Just some random thoughts on CB amps.

Pat WB9GKZ since 1971
KCR-1567 circa 1969

ups.com...

Old September 15th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

EchoBlip wrote:
And what about all those 10 meter rigs converted form the HyGain CB boards?
You don't think they put out 5 watts?
When I said nobody built and amp. I meant no manufacturer , CB radios were limited to 5 watts input , do good to put out 3 watts..Any amplifier that can be used on CB band is ILLEGAL.. Period... Show me where a legitimate manufacturer produced an amplifier with 5 watts input on ten meters..It is still a CB amplifier... No matter what you call it... Period.. W4PQW

ups.com...

Old September 15th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 9/15/06 9:52 AM, in article
, "EchoBlip"
wrote:

And what about all those 10 meter rigs converted form the HyGain CB boards?
You don't think they put out 5 watts?

wrote in message
ups.com...
This listing (ebay # 12003035856) is in violation of Federal laws..
Nobody ever built a ten meter amplifier with 5 watts input.This is CB
Radio Amp.100% .. If you guys MUST practice this "BOOTLEGGING" please
leave Ham Radio out of it ..You are using Ham Radio to try and justify
your illegal activity and I resent it.. HAMS, WE MUST START POLICING
OUR RADIO ACTIVITES OR LOOSE OUR PRIVILEGES,, Then we would have to
BOOTLEG, Heaven forbid..W4PQW since 1948

So what is your point?

Hams can convert anything they want to convert as long as they do so within
their license limits. 10 meters is.

Don

Old September 16th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
ups.com...
This listing (ebay # 12003035856) is in violation of Federal laws..
Nobody ever built a ten meter amplifier with 5 watts input.This is CB
Radio Amp.100% .. If you guys MUST practice this "BOOTLEGGING" please
leave Ham Radio out of it ..You are using Ham Radio to try and justify
your illegal activity and I resent it.. HAMS, WE MUST START POLICING
OUR RADIO ACTIVITES OR LOOSE OUR PRIVILEGES,, Then we would have to
BOOTLEG, Heaven forbid..W4PQW since 1948

My CB ampilfiers are the best!

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 17th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
ups.com...
This listing (ebay # 12003035856) is in violation of Federal laws..
Nobody ever built a ten meter amplifier with 5 watts input.This is CB
Radio Amp.100% .. If you guys MUST practice this "BOOTLEGGING" please
leave Ham Radio out of it ..You are using Ham Radio to try and justify
your illegal activity and I resent it.. HAMS, WE MUST START POLICING
OUR RADIO ACTIVITES OR LOOSE OUR PRIVILEGES,, Then we would have to
BOOTLEG, Heaven forbid..W4PQW since 1948

And we ought to be out there when we are driving to work, school, errands
recording the activity of the unlicensed truckers who bootleg on 10 meters,
too. Riley still is interested in lettering these companies.

Old September 17th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Jerry wrote:

And we ought to be out there when we are driving to work, school, errands
recording the activity of the unlicensed truckers who bootleg on 10 meters,
too. Riley still is interested in lettering these companies.

Are they? They can stop off at the truck stop in Breezewood PA, where there
is a huge billboard exhorting you to stop off at their CB shop "when you
are ready for a BIG radio." And there's the guy at the CB shop on rt. 95
out of Richmond with a tape loop that comes on the air every fifteen minutes
advertising their services... I can hear their third harmonic down here
nearly a hundred miles away.

I can't believe that the FCC cares about any rules enforcement at all any
more. They're too busy worrying about obscenity on television to bother
actually doing anything about actual misuse or technical standards.
--scott
Old September 17th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:

[...]

They sell my CB linear there too and there's not a damn thing you can do
about it asshole.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Class C amps saturating? [email protected] Homebrew 20 August 9th 06 07:58 PM
FS: Neumann LV60 Tube Amps... MTM Boatanchors 0 May 12th 06 08:22 PM
Low noise -- op amps K7ITM Homebrew 0 January 7th 05 06:41 PM
Go Amps Go SteveJ CB 13 May 25th 04 02:05 PM
FCC to make CB Amps Legal again! WA3MOJ Policy 2 April 28th 04 04:07 AM