Old February 12th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WTB: Filiment Transformer

I am looking for a 10v 10 fil trans for a pair of 813's.

BTW, there are some pics of my project at

http://schmidling.com/radio.htm

The power supple and RF deck are complete and I am now starting on the
modulator.

js

Old February 13th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

see below...

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Jack Schmidling wrote:

I am looking for a 10v 10 fil trans for a pair of 813's.

BTW, there are some pics of my project at

http://schmidling.com/radio.htm

The power supple and RF deck are complete and I am now starting on the
modulator.

js

If you want to kludge your filament transformer so you don't have to buy a
new one at full list prices, and are willing to cobble together some other
transformers, you might want to think about that. I built a pair of 813s
in G-G with two 2.5 v/15 amp transformers, and a 6.3 v/10 amp transformer,
all three connected in series and a variac (and voltmeter) to "manage"
filament voltage slow crankup (to turn on) and crankdown (to turn off)
cycling to increase filament life. Pictures at:

http://www.panix.com/~asd

....if you want to see it.

Old February 13th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Straydog wrote:
If you want to kludge your filament transformer so you don't have to buy

a new one at full list prices...

Turns out I am using the 10A 813 filtrans for the 8000 which only needs
5A so I cold put that in the modulator and kludge up something for the
8000. This would require less kludging and I am long on that.

Take a look at my NC. The plates didn't line up after making it so I
cut it in half and got independent adjustment.

http://schmidling.com/radio.htm

js

The Shortwave Antenna used determines the type of Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 May 14th 06 10:50 PM
"Receive Only" Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna - Think 9:1 Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 0 April 10th 06 09:07 AM
HV transformer christine Homebrew 4 December 26th 05 11:18 AM
Hallicrafter S-40B Power Transformer Question Steven P. Burrows Boatanchors 4 April 21st 05 08:02 PM
Building a Matching Transformer for Shortwave Listener's Antenna using a Binocular Ferrite Core from a TV type Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 November 3rd 04 08:34 PM