Old April 25th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Viking Adventurer

My next project is an RF exciter for my 8000 rig.

For sentimental reasons, an 807 must be part of it.

In browsing around, I find the Viking Adventurer to be just about what I
want to do. I found the schematic on BAMA but they do not seem to
have the parts list which would save a lot of trouble.

Does anyone have this or know where I can get it?

Thanks,

JACK K9ACT http://schmidling.com/radio.htm

Old April 25th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
My next project is an RF exciter for my 8000 rig.

For sentimental reasons, an 807 must be part of it.

In browsing around, I find the Viking Adventurer to be just about what I
want to do. I found the schematic on BAMA but they do not seem to have
the parts list which would save a lot of trouble.

Does anyone have this or know where I can get it?

Thanks,

JACK K9ACT http://schmidling.com/radio.htm

Jack,
How about getting the Viking Adventurer Manual?
You will still need a VFO.
Ed, N5EI

Old April 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi'ya Jack,

My Viking Adventurer is on the air nightly. In fact for over 2 years it
has been my "primary" rig and that is using only crystal control.

I am sure you can find the parts list on BAMA but if not send me an
SASE (via my QRZ.com address) and I will photocopy it for you.

Good luck.

ZUT es 73,

Vern W9STB - WPE9GHF

Old April 26th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Apr 24, 8:27�pm, Jack Schmidling wrote:
My next project is an RF exciter for my 8000 rig.

For sentimental reasons, an 807 must be part of it.

COOL!

In browsing around, I find the Viking Adventurer to be just about what I
* want to do. *I found the schematic on BAMA but they do not seem to
have the parts list which would save a lot of trouble.

Does anyone have this or know where I can get it?

I've got the whole manual in GIF format.

Drop me an email and I'll send it along.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old April 27th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

--

The Knight T-50 and I think Heath's AT-1 also used the venerable
807 in the PA.

Pete

Old April 27th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:46:17 -0400, "Uncle Peter"
wrote:

The Knight T-50 and I think Heath's AT-1 also used the venerable
807 in the PA.

Pete

The Heathkit AT-1 used a 6L6.

Been there in my novice days. G

http:www.k6mhe.com

Danny, K6MHE

Old April 27th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:

The Knight T-50 and I think Heath's AT-1 also used the venerable
807 in the PA.

Pete

The Heathkit AT-1 used a 6L6.

Been there in my novice days. G

http:www.k6mhe.com

Danny, K6MHE

Glad I qualified it with an "I think...." Thanks for the correction.