Old November 23rd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default please help ID old ribbons mike?

I just posted some pics of and old ribbon mike on
alt.binaries.pictures.radio and would like know if anyone can tell me
who made it and when?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 23rd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
. net...
I just posted some pics of and old ribbon mike on
alt.binaries.pictures.radio and would like know if anyone
can tell me who made it and when?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

You forgot the URL.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old November 24th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
. net...
I just posted some pics of and old ribbon mike on
alt.binaries.pictures.radio and would like know if anyone
can tell me who made it and when?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Its an Electro-Voice, probably a model V-1, the
cheapest of three versions they made. These were made from
about the mid 1930's to the late 1940's, perhaps even into
the early 1950's, I am not sure of the exact dates.
The 1945 catalogue price was $27.50.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old November 24th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Richard
Thanks for the lead, I Googled the Electrovoice V-1 and mine looks very
much like the ones I found.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 24th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
Richard
Thanks for the lead, I Googled the Electrovoice V-1 and
mine looks very much like the ones I found.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in
message ...

I'm sure that is what it is, it looks like the ones in
the catalogue illustration. The V-2 and V-3 had lables on
the front under the switch. I think these were fairly
popular microphones in their day. They had good performance
and were relatively cheap. Of course, the most familiar
ribbon mic is the RCA 44 series which has an overall
resemblance but is much larger.
A number of other companies made ribbon mics where they
could get around the RCA patents. One odd one was the Bruno
Labs mic which used a ribbon type diaphragm but operating
between a pair of electrodes so that it was actually a form
of condenser mic. These were made from about the mid 1930's
to perhaps 1940. I've never seen one in the flesh. Both the
EV and Bruno mics were advertized in QST and in some issues
of the ARRL Handbook.
BTW, the RCA 44 mics weighed in at around 9 lbs each so
I guess they are on topic in the boatanchors group:-)

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old November 26th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
I just posted some pics of and old ribbon mike on
alt.binaries.pictures.radio and would like know if anyone can tell me
who made it and when?

It's an EV model V-1. Probably made until the early sixties.
--scott

Mike is Burr Shortwave 0 July 21st 07 01:07 PM
Me and Mike The God of Odd Statements General 21 January 19th 07 03:27 AM
What's up with your Mom Mike? Beerbarrel Shortwave 2 September 1st 05 04:23 AM
OK Mike Burr Shortwave 1 April 3rd 04 03:28 PM
Want Mike Home of The Perfect Storm General 1 December 2nd 03 12:42 AM