Old December 28th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

Why would you set up zero-rated accounts, just to buy crap from a crook ?
W1CNY

"Antonio Iovane" wrote in message
On 27 Dic, 23:29, "Rick" wrote:
so I left negative feedback---nothing personal or nasty, mind
you. I simply stated the facts.

Guess what? He slams *me* with negative feedback. Why? No reason.

Think about this - Why did you, as a buyer, leave feedback at all?
You SHOULD have been given positive feedback as soon as you paid for the
item.
When you didn't get your deserved positive feedback, you left yourself
open
for receiving
retalitory feedback when you gave him what he deserved.

The feedback system is a farce. Yes, I agree, as a participant on ebay you
want a close to
100% positive feedback rating. Once you get 10-20 positive feedbacks at
100% stop leaving
positive feedbacks for the scumbag sellers who wait "till we are sure your
shipment arrived in
good condition and you have left us positive feedback then we will return
the favor."
Is a 150 rating really any better than a 20 rating?

Another thing we buyers should do is have buying and a selling accounts.
Several of them.
When we get screwed and want to leave negative feedback (other than the
warm
feeling it gives
us, what is the reason?) we know we will get retaliated against, so we
just
take it and then disable that
low rated account ! Your selling account will carry a relatively high
rating if you are honest and that
is the only one that matters.

Ok? Problem solved. If you ever buy from Radio Mart do it with a brand new
zero-rated account
and don't worry about it. When he gives you a negative back, just throw
that account away and
open a new one for buying. We are all as smart as he is, we just have to
use our brains.

Rick K2XT

Not so simple!

After reading your posts I'm just wondering whether using a zero-rated
account would always be the right strategy for buying, regardless of
the reliability and reputation of sellers. Otherwise, when to use a
zero-rated account for buying? How might a buyer identify the
fraudulent seller beyond the few known cases? I have my own black-list
which includes three sellers and now I'm going to add radio-mart, but
the ebay world is much more wide.
What to do in the cases when zero-rated bidders are invited not to
bid?

I've heard that ebay checks names and addresses in front of new
subscriptions, and if they match no longer active accounts, new
subscriptions are blocked. Is it true? Is there any limit to the
number of accounts for any given name and address? What about paypal
accounts? How many times should I transmit to ebay my credit card
info, and how many times would I prefer it is present in the ebay
dadabase?

(As a honest seller, I would prefer not to have bids from zero-rated
accounts, as they could appear as shill bids. Further, for the honest
seller the zero-rated bidder is always a risk. Hence, on the other
side of the wall, so far I thought it would be better for me
presenting myself as a non zero-rated bidder, but maybe this makes no
sense, ebay is now sick.)

Antonio I8IOV

Old December 28th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

What's the problem with a zero rated bidder? When the auction is over either
he pays or he doesn't. I don't give a tinkers damn who buys what I'm selling
as long as they pay. If I'm not happy with the price I should have set a
higher reserve. My fault.

--

Clif

Old December 29th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I decided to contact Rick Mish and he confirmed what we all expected.

The crook Martyn, AKA Radiomart, is lying about this latest offering. Rick
did NOT do the remanufacturing as stated by the liar Radiomart! In fact,
Rick told me that he has had two other cases of lying by this useless piece
of **** "Radiomart" that resulted in legal action against him. Rick is very
disappointed that this jerk is using his reputation in Radiomart auctions.

I notified Ebay about the fraudulent descriptions and have yet to hear back.
Ebay usually doesn't care.

Amazing....and yet the stupid flock to his auctions...

"Chuck - K1KW" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone contacted Rick Mish to get the real story?

According to the description in the orginal auction where the crook Martyn
bought it under the "gottahaveit" ID, the seller only said Rick "checked

it
out, or went over it" That's a bit different than a refurburshing I've

seen
Rick do. In fact the closeups of the receiver show that Rick probably
didn't do his normal excellent job and all he did was check it out.

It's the outrageous BS that Martyn the crook attaches to his auctions that
is amazing...and suckers fall for it all the time. The guy is an out

right
liar and a fraud. His description of this receiver is so wrong in a

number
of areas!

Ebay doesn't care since they still collect fees from him AND Ebay is
passive participant in his fraud since it has been documented and reported
numerous times.

"Tommy D" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:58:39 -0800, "K" wrote:

Here is proof positive this guy is a crook. If you click on the first

link,
and scroll down the pictures, check out the serial number. Then click

on
the second link, and again scroll down to the serial number, they are

the
same.

He bid on his own stuff, and won it, so had to relist it again! Geeze,

what
a guy. I wouldn't buy gold bricks cheap from him!

"None" wrote in message
Up to his old games - here's the most recent 'won' auction:

http://tinyurl.com/2w2ns6

The 'lucky' bidder wanked it up to $2000. Of course, we all
know that Radio Mart uses alternate IDs to shill bid his own stuff
into the stratosphere, and occasionally ends up the high bidder

himself.
Whereupon he has to reslist cuz the 'buyer' failed to pay (he sure
gets a LOT of 'non paying bidders' doesn't he!!)

Sure enough in this case, cuz he's just relisted it:

http://tinyurl.com/32d4lz

Of course, he always says 'non paying bidder' - naturally.

But hey Martyn - we all know you like to occasionally win the
shill auctions yourself! Have fun paying those Final Sale fees to
Ebay on your shills - or do you report yourself as the non-paying

bidder
perhaps?

Did you know that shill bidding, even on Ebay, is illegal in all 50
states?
Just curious...

Has anyone ever attempted to report this crook to eBay? No, they will
NOT favor him because of his feedback, etc. He's small fish in a big
ocean compared to many serious (and honest) sellers on eBay. If
enough people report him, sooner or later, he will get booted.

Please, people, report this guy to eBay! And keep reporting him until
he's off.

Tom

Old December 29th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Radio Mart entertainment

I notified Ebay about the fraudulent descriptions and have yet to hear back.
Ebay usually doesn't care.

Amazing....and yet the stupid flock to his auctions...

What would happen if a new ebay'er who just signed up, and didnt have
time yet to establish his paypal account, etc. was to bid on
fraudulent auctions with 3 minutes to go? And he bid $2000 on each
of them? He would "win" all the auctions.
Then he would disappear..........

What if 5 of his friends who post on usenet, did the same thing next
Sunday night?

An administrative headache for the fraudulent seller, huh?
Energy better spent than just posting stuff, maybe?

i.e. if there's a crook out there in the world, and he does business
with ebay who may just possibly not have a single person working in
the customer service department, and doesn't own a telephone, maybe
there ought to be a counter-revolution? Might be very entertaining.

Rick K2XT
Old December 29th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Rick wrote:
[...]

An old saying comes to mind: "Two wrongs doesn't make a right."...
Whatever that means.

Report him to ebay. I have done it and it sometimes works.

-Chuck

Old December 29th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Dec 28, 9:36 pm, "Chuck - K1KW" wrote:
I decided to contact Rick Mish and he confirmed what we all expected.
... Rick is very
disappointed that this jerk is using his reputation in Radiomart auctions.

The numbers are disheartening. Rick provides a difficult service at
what strikes me as a competitive rate.

$1,000 - "The entire receiver is dismantled, washed, re-tubed, re-
painted, re-silkscreen lettering, re paint and stripe knobs, check all
components"

Radiomart scams an eBay listing and almost flips the R/390A for more
than Rick charges to do the work.

It's almost representative of our times. People who do real work get
paid pennies. The hypesters and scammers get the bucks.

I notified Ebay about the fraudulent descriptions and have yet to hear back.
Ebay usually doesn't care.

It's not that, they don't have the resources to police the auctions.

Old December 30th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Angry Hallicrafters mob takes on eBay. The following is from an eBay
listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX-28A-PM-23-IS-IT-
MISREPRESENTED_W0QQitemZ170181847596QQihZ007QQcate goryZ4673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a heads-up warning to please be careful when considering any
high priced Hallicrafters SX-28A at auction in the Ham Receivers
category. It was brought to my attention that there is a second
Hallicrafters SX-28A currently listed that is using copied pictures of
my SX-28A from a previous auction that ran here and concluded just
last week. Please carefully compare the inside view in auction
#130186049284 with the pictures of my receiver from auction
#170179225705. Notice how the yokes on the tuning shaft couplers are
in exactly the same positions, spots are in the same places and dial
lamp light is reflecting off the backside of the dial in the same
place. The seller's intent to deceive is more evident by his strategic
cropping of my original picture which is an attempt to hide the more
obvious identifying features appearing in the background. The seller
is plagiarizing pictures copied over the Internet and posting them as
his own. Using pictures of my receiver in his auction is serious
misrepresentation.

BREAKING NEWS: We just learned the seller admitted all pictures
connected to the SX-28A auction #130186049284 featured at the top have
been copied and pasted from various sources on the Internet. The
auction requires immediate payment via PayPal and is running as a
private auction which means a bidder's ID will be hidden from all
other viewers. A hidden ID prevents other members from contacting the
bidder before he has had a chance to pay. The auction has been
reported to SafeHarbor for investigation into pirated pictures which
is prohibited and we also asked to check for a possible hi-jacked ID
running a fraudulent annonymous auction. We will keep you posted by
updating the information as it becomes available.

I Received This Alert From My Buyer and Decided It Was Important and
Should Be Reported:

Rusty:
You might find it interesting to know that one of your pictures from
your,
now our, SX-28 listing, is presently being used by another person
on a present eBay listing. Namely, this pictu

is being used by : devin3247 (144)

for item: 130186049284

Not only is this person stealing your picture, but, the picture is
SUPPOSED to be an interior shot of HIS radio for potential buyers;
instead, it is an interior shot of YOUR radio which you have already
sold to me and for which I have already sent the payment.

Although this doesn't harm either of us directly, it still "ain't
right".

Thought you'd like to know.

DP

I was also contacted by a good friend who asked the subject seller for
more detail about the condition of his SX-28A and this is the reply he
received which he then forwarded to me:

Hi, the cabinet top was discolored for some reason so it has been
painted.
I'm not so sure about the capacitors, I'm pretty sure that some have
been
replace, but most I think most of them are original. I'm not able to
lift
or turn the radio over anymore. My son should be over this weekend and
I'll
have him take a look.

Thanks!

I noticed he did not allow this answer to post to the description like
one of the others so this indicates selective description posting and
more deception.

This is the actual original picture of my receiver from auction
#170179225705 which is now sold

Old December 30th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

kh wrote:

This is a heads-up warning to please be careful when considering any
high priced Hallicrafters SX-28A at auction in the Ham Receivers
category. It was brought to my attention that there is a second
Hallicrafters SX-28A currently listed that is using copied pictures of
my SX-28A from a previous auction that ran here and concluded just
last week. Please carefully compare the inside view in auction

First, it is my recollection from reading the EULA for ebay that any
pictures you post on ebay become the property of ebay... something they
do to avoid spurious lawsuits from those that think it might be fun to
post their pictures on ebay, and then sue ebay for infringement. The
pictures you post on ebay show up on thousands of affiliate websites,
many of which don't even identify ebay as the source.

Am I the only one who remembers that it used to be when you clicked on the
button for: Sell a similar item, they would copy the original listing, pictures
and all?

If the seller is to be believed, he is older. He says he can't pick up the
receiver and flip it over anymore. Not too hard to imagine, given the high
number of feeble elderly men in the hobby, many of whom recognizing their impending
mortality, and are trying to clear out the heavy stuff. It is also not too hard
to believe that he might not have a digital camera... most of the elderly don't...,
and might have thought that using pictures from another auction wouldn't cause
any concern. Hams are used to sharing everything they get with other hams,
pictures, manuals,... copyright is not even considered... especially when there
is no intention of selling the picture, or even using it more than the once.

The only smoke here appears to be from some ancient ham's cigarette.

Just a thought,

-Chuck
Old December 30th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 30 Dic, 15:31, Chuck Harris wrote:
If the seller is to be believed, he is older. *He says he can't pick up the
receiver and flip it over anymore. *Not too hard to imagine, given the high
number of feeble elderly men in the hobby, many of whom recognizing their impending
mortality, and are trying to clear out the heavy stuff. *It is also not too hard
to believe that he might not have a digital camera... most of the elderly don't...,
and might have thought that using pictures from another auction wouldn't cause
any concern. *Hams are used to sharing everything they get with other hams,
pictures, manuals,... copyright is not even considered... especially when there
is no intention of selling the picture, or even using it more than the once.

The only smoke here appears to be from some ancient ham's cigarette.

Just a thought,

-Chuck

Just another thought.
First, why not to specify in the listing that the pictures are not of
the actual listed item?
Further but less important, I see it is unlikely that an elderly ham,
who has enough practice to sell on ebay, is able to copy and past, and
probably would try to sell other stuff too, might not have a digital
camera.
Antonio I8IOV

Old December 30th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Antonio Iovane wrote:

The only smoke here appears to be from some ancient ham's cigarette.

Just a thought,

-Chuck

Just another thought.
First, why not to specify in the listing that the pictures are not of
the actual listed item?
Further but less important, I see it is unlikely that an elderly ham,
who has enough practice to sell on ebay, is able to copy and past, and
probably would try to sell other stuff too, might not have a digital
camera.
Antonio I8IOV

Cutting and pasting is trivial on most modern operating systems. So much
so that kids in 1st grade do it, and think it is ok to copy anything that
way.

I still see auctions that have no pictures whatsoever. I agree that the
seller should have identified where the pictures came from, but I have
bought things on ebay that had "found" pictures without identification,
and was not unpleased with the result.

Not everything that seems suspicious is the result of treachery.

-Chuck

Radio Mart again Rich Greenberg Swap 12 December 27th 07 11:24 PM
More on Radio-Mart ! [email protected] Boatanchors 59 May 9th 05 04:39 AM
Radio-Mart Cmd Buzz Corey Policy 1 January 24th 05 11:45 PM
radio-mart makes fortune on broken spny radio !!!!! mike maghakian Shortwave 2 January 10th 05 02:53 PM
FA: RELIST> UHF Motorola Syntor X9000 Mobile Radio - NR Feline Technologies Swap 0 August 11th 03 05:26 PM