Old December 24th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

Up to his old games - here's the most recent 'won' auction:

http://tinyurl.com/2w2ns6

The 'lucky' bidder wanked it up to $2000. Of course, we all
know that Radio Mart uses alternate IDs to shill bid his own stuff
into the stratosphere, and occasionally ends up the high bidder himself.
Whereupon he has to reslist cuz the 'buyer' failed to pay (he sure
gets a LOT of 'non paying bidders' doesn't he!!)

Sure enough in this case, cuz he's just relisted it:

http://tinyurl.com/32d4lz

Of course, he always says 'non paying bidder' - naturally.

But hey Martyn - we all know you like to occasionally win the
shill auctions yourself! Have fun paying those Final Sale fees to
Ebay on your shills - or do you report yourself as the non-paying
bidder perhaps?

Did you know that shill bidding, even on Ebay, is illegal in all 50 states?
Just curious...
Old December 24th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

K wrote:
Here is proof positive this guy is a crook. If you click on the first link,
and scroll down the pictures, check out the serial number. Then click on
the second link, and again scroll down to the serial number, they are the
same.

He bid on his own stuff, and won it, so had to relist it again! Geeze, what
a guy. I wouldn't buy gold bricks cheap from him!

Of course it has the same serial#'s. It's the same receiver...says so
in the description. That's the point. He bid on it himself, and nobody
outbid him, so he's stuck with it and had to relist.

However, this part of the description is probably a tipoff that all's
not well:
"In addition to the above Rick has just fitted a new Motorola IF Strip
which is a further improvement over the original, the receiver has all
of the covers, unmarked, a complete set of new hand picked tubes and new
black IERC tube shields, No EXPENSE SPARED!!

This is the RARE, ORIGINAL COLLINS version of this classic receiver."

How do those two paragraphs, cut & pasted from the description, parse?

Then there's this line: "One marked inprovement he made was to replace
the 8Kc filter for a much nicer Curry 6kc filter."

Okay, it's probably a nice receiver, but "original"? Hardly...even by
his own schizoid admission.

jak

Old December 24th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"None" wrote in message
[...]

Has anyone ever attempted to report this crook to eBay? No, they will
NOT favor him because of his feedback, etc. He's small fish in a big
ocean compared to many serious (and honest) sellers on eBay. If
enough people report him, sooner or later, he will get booted.

Please, people, report this guy to eBay! And keep reporting him until
he's off.

Tom

Yeah really.... sheesh. Its getting boring reading about him all the time.
Surely - if he's ripped that many people off - he'd be booted, in jail or
someone would choose to use some street justice.

Old December 24th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Has anyone contacted Rick Mish to get the real story?

According to the description in the orginal auction where the crook Martyn
bought it under the "gottahaveit" ID, the seller only said Rick "checked it
out, or went over it" That's a bit different than a refurburshing I've seen
Rick do. In fact the closeups of the receiver show that Rick probably
didn't do his normal excellent job and all he did was check it out.

It's the outrageous BS that Martyn the crook attaches to his auctions that
is amazing...and suckers fall for it all the time. The guy is an out right
liar and a fraud. His description of this receiver is so wrong in a number
of areas!

Ebay doesn't care since they still collect fees from him AND Ebay is
passive participant in his fraud since it has been documented and reported
numerous times.

Old December 25th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Chuck - K1KW wrote:
Has anyone contacted Rick Mish to get the real story?

According to the description in the orginal auction where the crook Martyn
bought it under the "gottahaveit" ID, the seller only said Rick "checked it
out, or went over it" That's a bit different than a refurburshing I've seen
Rick do. In fact the closeups of the receiver show that Rick probably
didn't do his normal excellent job and all he did was check it out.

It's the outrageous BS that Martyn the crook attaches to his auctions that
is amazing...and suckers fall for it all the time. The guy is an out right
liar and a fraud. His description of this receiver is so wrong in a number
of areas!

Ebay doesn't care since they still collect fees from him AND Ebay is
passive participant in his fraud since it has been documented and reported
numerous times.

Your original point is well made. Rick Mish should be contacted to
verify if Martyn's claims are true.

If Martyn is trading off Rick's reputation and the work is NOT as
described, Mish can legally have Martyn's ass for fraud,
misrepresentation of Mish's work, harm to his reputation, and
profiteering on Rick's name without permission.

Then have Rick contact eBay about trading on his reputation without
permission.

THAT will get the job done.

Old December 25th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I don't know RadioMart and I have no idea if he is is a crook or not,
but either way, I don't think that "reporting" him will make any
difference. In my opinion, eBay couldn't care less.

Not long ago I bid on an assortment of "vintage" crystals. I paid
instantly via Paypal, and the crystals showed up pretty quickly. The
problem was that more than 20% either showed obvious signs of water
damage (long-term immersion and rust) or the housings were just plain
*empty* (yeah- some clown had removed the quartz!)

I attempted to contact the seller...not that I expected anything... but
just to let him know that this wasn't quite right. He refused to answer
my email so I left negative feedback---nothing personal or nasty, mind
you. I simply stated the facts.

Guess what? He slams *me* with negative feedback. Why? No reason. On
what grounds? No grounds. He was simply miffed and that's it. By the
way- he never did respond to my email.

I contacted eBay and told them I take the feedback system seriously,
that my feedback was 100% prior to this event, and that if I was to
receive negative feedback, I would think the seller would be obligated
to show where I had failed to meet my obligations. I challenged them to
cite justification.

eBay basically told me that the feedback system is based on "opinion"
and that they will not "censor" that guy's "opinion." So, in other
words, we don't care-- get lost.

I would argue that if anyone is being "censored," it is people who have
been cheated. The next time I'm shafted by a seller, I will have to
weigh the cost of my transaction versus the cost of unfair and
unwarranted retaliation should I leave negative feedback. Ten or 20
bucks worth of useless junk wasn't worth having my perfect recorded
stained.

I've had a lot of fun on eBay over the years, but frankly, this has
disgusted me to the point that my future participation on that site is
doubtful.

Pete

Old December 26th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Unfortunately this is true of Ebay. Sellers can screw buyers all the time
with little action from Ebay. I leave these bum sellers negatives all the
time. Of course they always leave me a negative, but I fail to see the
negative when they were quickly paid. Ebay is just bunch of computer
software, and no one there wants to take personal intervention of any kind.
I even had this guy leave a negative by mistake. He and I both notified
Ebay. They would not change it. The feedback system is just another example
of less than scrupulous behavior. They allow those stinking private auctions
too. Where is the transparency in that ? Now they have started hiding all
bidders identities. I have not been to many live auctions where I did not
know who was bidding against me.

PayPal protection is a joke. I have never had it re-imburse me over any
crooked deal.

Ebay and the information world is not what it was 10 years ago.

Happy New Year
Dave

news:dqSdnUiMVucW6O3anZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@velocitywest .net...

Old December 26th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Dec 24, 1:47 pm, "None" wrote:

Sure enough in this case, cuz he's just relisted it:

http://tinyurl.com/32d4lz

Interesting how his mind works. He knows how much a real bidder was
willing to pay so he set the Buy-It-Now at exactly that amount.

He won't even give the guy a 10% discount for getting jacked around.

It's also funny how he pretends to be Rick Mish's acquaintance and
tries to "pump" up Rick, calling him "the Man" and mentioning his
family.

Old December 27th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

so I left negative feedback---nothing personal or nasty, mind
you. I simply stated the facts.

Guess what? He slams *me* with negative feedback. Why? No reason.

Think about this - Why did you, as a buyer, leave feedback at all?
You SHOULD have been given positive feedback as soon as you paid for the
item.
When you didn't get your deserved positive feedback, you left yourself open
for receiving
retalitory feedback when you gave him what he deserved.

The feedback system is a farce. Yes, I agree, as a participant on ebay you
want a close to
100% positive feedback rating. Once you get 10-20 positive feedbacks at
100% stop leaving
positive feedbacks for the scumbag sellers who wait "till we are sure your
shipment arrived in
good condition and you have left us positive feedback then we will return
the favor."
Is a 150 rating really any better than a 20 rating?

Another thing we buyers should do is have buying and a selling accounts.
Several of them.
When we get screwed and want to leave negative feedback (other than the warm
feeling it gives
us, what is the reason?) we know we will get retaliated against, so we just
take it and then disable that
low rated account ! Your selling account will carry a relatively high
rating if you are honest and that
is the only one that matters.

Ok? Problem solved. If you ever buy from Radio Mart do it with a brand new
zero-rated account
and don't worry about it. When he gives you a negative back, just throw
that account away and
open a new one for buying. We are all as smart as he is, we just have to
use our brains.

Rick K2XT

Old December 28th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 27 Dic, 23:29, "Rick" wrote:
[...]

Not so simple!

After reading your posts I'm just wondering whether using a zero-rated
account would always be the right strategy for buying, regardless of
the reliability and reputation of sellers. Otherwise, when to use a
zero-rated account for buying? How might a buyer identify the
fraudulent seller beyond the few known cases? I have my own black-list
which includes three sellers and now I'm going to add radio-mart, but
the ebay world is much more wide.
What to do in the cases when zero-rated bidders are invited not to
bid?

I've heard that ebay checks names and addresses in front of new
subscriptions, and if they match no longer active accounts, new
subscriptions are blocked. Is it true? Is there any limit to the
number of accounts for any given name and address? What about paypal
accounts? How many times should I transmit to ebay my credit card
info, and how many times would I prefer it is present in the ebay
dadabase?

(As a honest seller, I would prefer not to have bids from zero-rated
accounts, as they could appear as shill bids. Further, for the honest
seller the zero-rated bidder is always a risk. Hence, on the other
side of the wall, so far I thought it would be better for me
presenting myself as a non zero-rated bidder, but maybe this makes no
sense, ebay is now sick.)

Antonio I8IOV

Radio Mart again Rich Greenberg Swap 12 December 27th 07 11:24 PM
More on Radio-Mart ! [email protected] Boatanchors 59 May 9th 05 04:39 AM
Radio-Mart Cmd Buzz Corey Policy 1 January 24th 05 11:45 PM
radio-mart makes fortune on broken spny radio !!!!! mike maghakian Shortwave 2 January 10th 05 02:53 PM
FA: RELIST> UHF Motorola Syntor X9000 Mobile Radio - NR Feline Technologies Swap 0 August 11th 03 05:26 PM