Old January 1st 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Where's the moderator???????

Wake up!!! Can't you stop all these bull**** MI5 persecution posts????
They're absolutely clogging up all the rec.radio listings!!!!! Please
do your job!
Old January 2nd 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

This is a usenet group. There is no moderator.

Old January 2nd 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf

wrote in message
Wake up!!! Can't you stop all these bull**** MI5 persecution posts????
They're absolutely clogging up all the rec.radio listings!!!!! Please
do your job!

Are you as stupid as you sound?

Old January 2nd 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bert Hyman wrote:

There's no moderator; this isn't a moderated newsgroup.

If you used a real newsreader and a real news service instead of
googlegroups, you'd be able to filter the posts if your news provider
wasn't already doing it.

Seems to be hard to do with Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey. Because he
is rotating the spaces, and punctuation, you can't filter on the
subject or sender field. Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey only allow filtering
on the subject, and sender fields.

The paranoid moron, of course, knows this. He wants to be sure
our filters don't deny him his audience.

So, I have been forwarding everything he posts to abuse at his
newsgroup sender. He should be needing some new isp accounts
shortly.

-Chuck
Old January 2nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:
Wake up!!! Can't you stop all these bull**** MI5 persecution posts????
They're absolutely clogging up all the rec.radio listings!!!!! Please
do your job!

Sorry, this is Usenet. There is no moderator, just 70,000 news servers
around the world, each with their own admin staff.

You have the misfortune of being on Google, which is one of the more
incompetently-run of those 70,000 news servers, and which does not seem
to have anybody dealing with the spam problems. Consequently, you are
seeing huge amounts of trash that people who are on compently-run news
servers do not see.

Get off of google and onto a legitimate news service not run by drooling
morons and you will not only not see all of this trash, but you also will
have a user interface that is much easier to use and not clumsy as hell.
--scott
Old January 2nd 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Chuck Harris wrote:

Seems to be hard to do with Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey. Because he
is rotating the spaces, and punctuation, you can't filter on the
subject or sender field. Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey only allow filtering
on the subject, and sender fields.

You shouldn't have to be doing it, your ISP should be running cleanfeed
and have a news admin on staff who deals with this stuff. Call up Erols
and ask if Afterburner or Ereshkigal are still working there.

So, I have been forwarding everything he posts to abuse at his
newsgroup sender. He should be needing some new isp accounts
shortly.

He cycles through them on a regular basis. He loses accounts, then
just gets new ones. The solution is to have your news admin deal with
it on the server. If your news admin is running "cleanfeed" it should
deal with it automatically because it has a feature to pattern match
repeated posts to multiple groups.
--scott
Old January 2nd 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:
Seems to be hard to do with Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey. Because he
is rotating the spaces, and punctuation, you can't filter on the
subject or sender field. Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey only allow filtering
on the subject, and sender fields.

You shouldn't have to be doing it, your ISP should be running cleanfeed
and have a news admin on staff who deals with this stuff. Call up Erols
and ask if Afterburner or Ereshkigal are still working there.

All that is left of Erols is really only the name. They were bought up
by RCN, and then StarPower (Pepco and RCN), and then spun off to become
RCN once again.

Erekose is probably still there. I have used his services on a number of
occasions.

However, I have seen no sign that RCN filters anything out of their news
feeds.

So, I have been forwarding everything he posts to abuse at his
newsgroup sender. He should be needing some new isp accounts
shortly.

He cycles through them on a regular basis. He loses accounts, then
just gets new ones. The solution is to have your news admin deal with
it on the server. If your news admin is running "cleanfeed" it should
deal with it automatically because it has a feature to pattern match
repeated posts to multiple groups.

I could easily do the same thing by running my news through my spambayes
proxy. But I don't really care enough to bother.

It would be so terribly useful if Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey would provide
the same message filter capabilities for news that it does for email.

I have asked them about it but they just get all testy and tell me to do
it myself.

-Chuck