Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default SX-100 comments

On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:33 PM, afcsman, operating in the noise, wrote the
following email:

I'm sending this to you offline so as not to embarrass you in the same way you
do to others.

It probably won't do any good to admonish you. *Your bad habits are likely
to be ingrained. *What good does it do to criticize a person's project After
he has lavished a good deal of time and sweat in restoring it? Do you practice
this bad habit often? *What would Miss Manners Say?

He'll find out soon enough about the SX-100's instability problems (that is,
if he hadn't already known *when he undertook the project). *Perhaps he might
even figure a way of overcoming the initial design problems! A few shims,
reinforcements, etc. may go a long way...things that you may have had the
opportunity to do back then, but didn't.

No, I didn't, back then. It was a dog so I sold it at an OARA convention
and bought a 75A2 to modify.