Old April 17th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
WØCBF

Default IC-735 going moble - any comments, pro or con!

Sorry, I gave the incorrect model number for the HF rig. I originally
said 435 when in fact it is a IC-735. I am reposting with the correct
model number.

I am thinking about using my Icom IC-735 HF rig in my truck during a
trip to CA. Has anyone out there used a 735 mobile before and had any
specific problems?

Any help is appreciated
73's
Chuck

Old April 18th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Rick Scott

WØCBF wrote:
Sorry, I gave the incorrect model number for the HF rig. I originally
said 435 when in fact it is a IC-735. I am reposting with the correct
model number.

I am thinking about using my Icom IC-735 HF rig in my truck during a
trip to CA. Has anyone out there used a 735 mobile before and had any
specific problems?

Any help is appreciated
73's
Chuck

Used my IC735 for 15 years as both house and Mobile .. loved it.

Never had a problem. Just moved to MKIIG is only reason

Scotty W7PSK
Old April 18th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bob Miller

On 16 Apr 2006 16:39:41 -0700, "WØCBF" wrote:

Sorry, I gave the incorrect model number for the HF rig. I originally
said 435 when in fact it is a IC-735. I am reposting with the correct
model number.

I am thinking about using my Icom IC-735 HF rig in my truck during a
trip to CA. Has anyone out there used a 735 mobile before and had any
specific problems?

Any help is appreciated
73's
Chuck

I've never had my 735 mobile, but I imagine it'd be best to have a
small lamp aimed at the tiny sliders & buttons in and around the
plastic hinge :-)

And if you have the original mike, you can use it to fine-tune the
frequency.

bob
k5qwg
Old April 22nd 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary P. Fiber

On 16 Apr 2006 16:39:41 -0700, "WØCBF" wrote:

Sorry, I gave the incorrect model number for the HF rig. I originally
said 435 when in fact it is a IC-735. I am reposting with the correct
model number.

I am thinking about using my Icom IC-735 HF rig in my truck during a
trip to CA. Has anyone out there used a 735 mobile before and had any
specific problems?

Any help is appreciated
73's
Chuck

Sometimes you get some RF into the mic audio and its almost always
because its being impressed on the mic audio shield. Open the
connector on the end of the mic cord and put a jumper between Pin 6
and 7. A piece of resistor lead tacked into place will do.

This brings to mic audio ground to a direct DC chassis ground and will
get rid of any RF generally on the mic audio. Thats about all I can
think of I have come across using the 735 mobile.

Gary K8IZ