Old August 22nd 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Boatanchor prices

You seem to have an ageist problem, mate! I'm 68, and after major
hospitalisation am LESS greedy than ever before! Please bear in mind that
you may well need a walker and bifocals in later years. You will want to be
respected. I agree partly with your original point, but as so often it is
spoilt by your age bias. Bias against old age is probably the least logical
atttitude one can have as the perpetrator hopes to reach it himself/hersel!

"Fred Cameron" wrote in message
Harold,
Get your walker, and please fetch those bifocals.

I never equated age with honesty or dishonesty- only with becoming
greedy and self-centered.
It comes down to ones value system, but please, list every noticeable
fault and then set the price to where the item is a bargin for
someone- just like it is.

Anyone with money who is older than 60 will forever raise my suspicion
when selling or repairing something for me.

Excuse my cynicism, but it is a bit ironic that a person in their
sunset years who is closer to leaving every earthly possession behind
would have an inordinate affectionfor money and the tightest squeeze
on things.

It must be the pride of life stage, but the bubba with little more
that a pair of Kmart shoes and a push mower to his name is the one who
tends to be the most generous among, not those with worth!

kicked one too many times when I was down on money in SC
W4FCM
Fred

Mr. Fred ,you are certainly entitled to an opinion, This opinion as
stated only shows stupidity, being honest has nothing to due with age
or position in life.People that work hard ,manage well,and make good
decisions always seem to do better in this country..Ever notice that?
W4PQW Harold

Old August 22nd 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Aug 5, 11:30 pm, Fred Cameron wrote:
SNIP

Anyone with money who is older than 60 will forever raise my suspicion
when selling or repairing something for me.

Outrageous!

(OT) What are gas prices in your town? I AmnotGeorgeBush CB 21 March 26th 05 03:07 PM
Prices Richard Shortwave 0 September 10th 04 02:12 AM
gas prices to high frank mingora CB 5 May 19th 04 04:00 PM
Need Prices on cp200 Tom D Swap 0 January 28th 04 02:45 AM
sale prices mike CB 2 November 10th 03 11:39 PM