Old July 16th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Remote Unit MR-9B (for Bendix RA-10DB Rx) wiring info wanted

Hi,
Does anyone have a type MR-9B Bendix Remote Control Unit for a Bendix
RA 10DB WW2 aircraft receiver (circa 1942-44) for sale? I'm restoring
both units as a volunteer for the Canadian Air & Space Museum, Toronto
- Lancaster bomber restoration project, see http://casmuseum.org/about.shtml
If you don't want to part with it, I could use some good macro
pictures of the wiring as the MR-9B unit we have was butchered
sometime in the last 60 years and I'm trying to rewire the pots and
band switch. I have the schematic so making some progress but a spare
unit or some pics would help. As many of you know, the RA-10DB
receiver and the MR-9B remote are totally integrated so the Rx can't
be operated stand-alone. I suppose I could build a complete remote
unit emulator but I'd rather not! Besides, it won't look right.
BTW, we also have to rebuild the cables. Does anyone have the right
Canon plugs? Present plan is to emulate with separate female pin
connectors to the Remote Unit and Rx sockets, two short stubs of
multiway wire and two pairs of modern multiway plugs and sockets. Any
better ideas?
Thanks for all replies,
Cheers,
Roger
PS. Of course, post replies but email any pics to me at "analogdino at
(ta-boy) rogers dot(ty-as-
they) com(e)", suitably decoded. Visible address is fake for anti-
spam. Thanks again.
Old July 20th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jul 16, 6:46*pm, Engineer wrote:
[...]

To date, no posts and no email! I have managed to re-connect all the
wires but three.. and I think I'm getting close to them! In a few
days it will be "plug and play", I hope! Also hoping the "new" 65
yeaer old bandswitch motor is not stuck...
Cheers,
Roger
Old July 20th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Engineer" wrote in message
[...]

Not specific help but a place to look. In about the
late 1940's the publisher of CQ magazine published a series
of paperback surplus handbooks on converting surplus radio
gear. These had schematics and details of many fairly common
equipments. Its even possible that some public libraries may
have them.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

Old July 25th 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jul 20, 1:19*am, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"Engineer" wrote in message

[...]

A chap in New Zealand, Charles, has sent me some very good pics of the
MR-9B wiring. Looks like they will be most helpful in sorting out our
unit.
Cheers,
Roger
Old August 8th 09, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Engineer wrote in
:

"Engineer" wrote in message

[...]

Do you have the part number to share?