Old March 12th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default More NC-88 - alignment

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share a story. I've had the little NC-88 running fine
for a while now and decided its time for alignment. Everything went
smoothly until I hit Band D.

Band D uses low-side injection and by following the instructions it
tuned up just as it should. Dial readout was right on the money,
counter confirmed the LO frequency was correct. However, I was getting
strongest reception on the image. Went back and forth a few times. The
range of the L and C really won't allow you to tune it to the other side.

Then I noticed the Antenna trim control was fully open when peaking the
correct signal. It was in the 'authority' range of peaking on the upper
image and thats why it seemed to be better there. So I spread the turns
on the antenna coil as much as I could and that brought it into range of
the Ant trimmer adjustment.

Peaks like it should now and actually has some image REJECTION on Band
D. I like simple fixes although it took me a while to ascertain if I
was doing something stoopid like before

-Bill WX4A/KP4

S-38 Questions about alignment. Paul P[_2_] Boatanchors 23 April 18th 09 01:56 AM
alignment?? JArthur CB 6 June 21st 05 03:07 PM
Help with SP-600 alignment Jim Mandaville Boatanchors 1 January 29th 05 04:02 PM
superhet alignment ? Henry Kolesnik Homebrew 0 January 6th 04 10:24 PM
SX-71 alignment Jos Boatanchors 2 July 28th 03 09:06 PM