Old February 10th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default F.S. Hallicrafters S-38EB.

Greetings!

I have for sale a Hallicrafters S-38EB. The radio is in working order
and is really good condition cosmetically with the exception of one
side which has the requisite scrapes and some of the scrapes have
some beginnings of rust. Not bad but there sure enough there. There
are also some scrapes on the top toward that side.
The radio plays but needs the following done. There is enough hum in
the audio that the filter caps should be replaced. The whole radio
which looks very good inside, due to age should be replaced. The dial
strings still work but should be replaced as well. Switches and pots
need to be sprayed. The power cord needs to be replaced. Throw in a
little cleaning and it is ready to go.
Now I could and might end up doing this but I would rather not. I had
to buy this radio and one other that is probably going to go as well
to get the one I really wanted. So with that said I would prefer to
sell this one for $40 plus actual shipping.
So, if you are interested let me know. I have pictures if you want to
see them. Hey, I mean the radio not me! Got to go. Jon Boy. kg4gfu.
Old June 18th 11, 02:54 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy kg4gfu View Post
Greetings!

I have for sale a Hallicrafters S-38EB.
I was wondering if the S-38EB is still for sale. Can you PM pics?