Old July 2nd 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default No posts...

As of today, the latest post I'm seeing here through Frontier news is
from June 22.

Old July 2nd 11, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In news wrote:

As of today, the latest post I'm seeing here through Frontier news is
from June 22.

You're doing better than I am. My ISP's server and eternal-september
have nothing later than June 13.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN
Old July 2nd 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 7/2/2011 15 47, Bert Hyman wrote:
In news wrote:

As of today, the latest post I'm seeing here through Frontier news is
from June 22.

You're doing better than I am. My ISP's server and eternal-september
have nothing later than June 13.

This seems to be the only problem group of all to which I'm subscribed.
The Radio, TV, phono group is alive and well. Any of them, with the
exception of the sewer that rec.radio.amateur.policy has become, are
placid compared with the politics group.

73,

Dave K8MN
Old July 2nd 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

You've both got me beat. June 12 is the latest one I've got.
Old July 2nd 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 07/02/2011 11:28 AM, Dave Heil wrote:
As of today, the latest post I'm seeing here through Frontier news is
from June 22.

Me too. The last post I saw before this thread was about Pizza Deliver
Bags on 6/13

Old July 3rd 11, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 7/2/2011 18 54, Edmund H. Ramm wrote:
Dave writes:

This seems to be the only problem group of all to which I'm subscribed.
The Radio, TV, phono group is alive and well. Any of them, with the
exception of the sewer that rec.radio.amateur.policy has become, are
placid compared with the politics group.

It's up to you, to start an on-topic thread right here. Or are
you expecting this group to exist for your entertainment?

73, Eddi ._._.

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork to make a snide comment, Eddi. If
you were paying attention, you'll note that I began a thread called "No
posts..." Therefore, I set the topic.
Old July 3rd 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 7/3/2011 19 30, Edmund H. Ramm wrote:
Dave writes:

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork to make a snide comment, Eddi. If
you were paying attention, you'll note that I began a thread called "No
posts..." Therefore, I set the topic.

Which is off-topic in this newsgroup.

Eddi,

You're obnoxious. There haven't been ANY topics in this newsgroup for
days.

Instead you might have posted
something interesting about boatanchors, like what could be the reason
for my Ranger VFO's frequency jumps on 7MHz and higher. The jumps persisted
even after I replaced all components, only now I had frequency drift, too,
which was to be expected. So I re-installed the original parts.

73, Eddi ._._.

Fascinating.
Old July 4th 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Jphnson Ranger and Valiant instability (was No posts... )

On 7/3/2011 3:30 PM, Edmund H. Ramm wrote:
snip Instead you might have posted
something interesting about boatanchors, like what could be the reason
for my Ranger VFO's frequency jumps on 7MHz and higher. The jumps persisted
even after I replaced all components, only now I had frequency drift, too,
which was to be expected. So I re-installed the original parts.

Hi,

You might try improving the grounding of the final plate tune capacitor,
to elliminate an rf feedback path, as pointed out by Tom Rauch, W8JI:

http://www.w8ji.com/johnson_vfo_chirp_jump.htm

Tom is the designer of various amps in the Ameritron line.

73,
Ed Knobloch
Old July 5th 11, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Dave writes:

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork to make a snide comment, Eddi. If
you were paying attention, you'll note that I began a thread called "No
posts..." Therefore, I set the topic.

Which is off-topic in this newsgroup.

Eddi,
You're obnoxious. There haven't been ANY topics in this newsgroup for
days.

No, Dave, I'm not.

Oh yes, Eddi, you are.

You might accuse me of nitpicking though, if that's
of any help.

I'm happy to throw that in. You're obnoxious and a nitpicker.

Still, the absence of posts in rrab is not a valid topic in rrab.

Yes, Eddi, it assuredly is, whether you like it or not.

Instead you might have posted something interesting about boatanchors,
like what could be the reason for my Ranger VFO's frequency jumps on 7MHz
and higher. The jumps persisted even after I replaced all components,
only now I had frequency drift, too, which was to be expected. So I
re-installed the original parts.

Fascinating.

I know. And, any ideas, cures, panaceas, etc.?

I have a thought for you, Eddi: If you hadn't been obnoxious, I may
have offered you some advice on the Ranger.
Old July 6th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Johnson Ranger and Valiant instability

On 7/5/2011 7:04 PM, Edmund H. Ramm wrote:
snip
Hi Ed, nice to read from you again. I did this long since. Looks like
our namesake VE3CUI had about the same idea. Any sources for 1/4" phenolic
(or PTFE) shafts? That's what I'd like to try in addition.

But the jumps I mentioned further up are irreglular, which IMO
doesn't indicate a stray feedback path.

Hi, Eddi

Nice to hear from you, as well.

Here's a source for 1/4" diameter PTFE rods:

http://www.smallparts.com/small-part...qid=1309915938

73,
Ed Knobloch