Old August 25th 13, 03:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Crystal phasing & single signal reception

On 8/25/2013 10:13 AM, gareth wrote:
"philo " wrote in message
Your question is rather unfocused. You have not even given details as to
the filter type...viz: chebychev filter, butterworth filter. etc.
Additionally, the BFO has nothing at all to do with filtering and
as you have seen by the answers here, only confuses the issue.
Once you have your thoughts organized feel free to post back with a
coherent question. There is no need for you to talk rudely to those who
have attempted to answer your ill-formed query.
I've been licensed since 1964 so may very well qualify as senior and
experienced. As to knowledgeable...? I'm still in the learning phase.
Now that I think of it, it appears perhaps that you have only been
attempting to be humorous. Throughout my Usenet peregrinations I view your
phraseology as being analogous to that class of inquiry oft posted during
the zeroth +1 day of April.

If you were, indeed, licensed in 1964, then it is high time that you
presented
a more mature attitude to public debate. Your comments about rudeness above
would seem to be Freudian Projection.

I have not been rude, but I have replied to those who have been rude, and
corrected those
who misunderstood the issues.

Incorrect. You have (and continue) to be rude, arrogant and, basically,
a horse's ass. And if someone misunderstood the issues, it is because
YOU did not explain yourself properly.

There is nothing lacking in my original query for those who would be
knowledgeable
about single crystals together with their phasing controls. That you muddy
the water
with talk of Tchebychev etc suggests that you are not amongst their number.

There is a tremendous amount lacking from your original query. That you
don't know how Tchebychev, Butterworth and other filter types are
pertinent to your question shows your lack of knowledge. Yet you try to
claim everyone else is ignorant - when you are asking the question.

The BFO is entirely relevant to be sat 1/2 way between the peak and the
notch so
that the audio image would be removed.

Nevertheless, thank-you for your (immature) contribution.

The BFO is not relevant to the crystal filter. The relationship between
the filter's bandpass and the BFO frequency can be relevant.

And if you still think everyone else is wrong, perhaps you need to
rewrite the physics books. I'm sure the entire world would love to be
"enlightened" by your misconceptions. I've been licensed since 1967,
(in fact my first receiver was a Hallicrafters SK-43) have studied them
in college and designed circuits around them, and I actually understand
how they work. No one here has asked a non-pertinent question - or
provided non-pertinent information.

Meanwhile, if you want help on this or any other list or forum, I highly
suggest you change your approach. The one you are using will quickly
drive people away from trying to help you.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================

Old August 25th 13, 03:33 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"philo " wrote in message
[...]

Ah, I just read the relevant posts in uk.radio.amateur. Looks like this
is pretty normal operation for you.

But then trolls are like that, and always blame everyone else for their
bad behavior. Maybe this is normal operation in your family, or maybe
your mother didn't teach you any manners. But this is not how CIVILIZED
people ask questions.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old August 25th 13, 03:52 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"philo " wrote in message
[...]

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has quite the colourful past history in
uk.radio.amateur. If you fancy a good laugh, have a delve through the
Google Groups archive. It will not surprise you to learn that his behaviour
at one point eventually resulted in a police officer standing on his head.

--
If the above message is full of spelling mistakes or the snipping is duff,
it's probably because it was sent from my iPhone, likely whilst walking.
Old August 25th 13, 03:57 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"philo " wrote in message
[...]

ROFLMAO. I would have loved to see that!

--
==================

Old August 26th 13, 10:20 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:57:47 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

ROFLMAO. I would have loved to see that!

You should know that nearly everyone in ukra has a colourful past, some
more recent than others, some abusive, some not, as you will see if you
check out the postings of the person you are replying to.

More laughing guarranteed.

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey
Old August 25th 13, 04:00 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 08/25/2013 09:52 AM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

snipped for brevity

It will not surprise you to learn that his behaviour
at one point eventually resulted in a police officer standing on his head.

Even though I completely understood your statement, my brain always
likes to see things in a humorous manner and often twists things around.

I imagined , rather than a police officer subduing the troll who posted
here... the officer in an inverted position.
Old August 25th 13, 04:34 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:52:27 +0000, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has quite the colourful past history in
uk.radio.amateur. If you fancy a good laugh, have a delve through the
Google Groups archive. It will not surprise you to learn that his
behaviour at one point eventually resulted in a police officer standing
on his head.

IIRC that incident was unrelated to Gareth's behaviour and was in fact a
result of the deranged imagination of your chubby chum.

HTH
Old August 25th 13, 04:58 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Anton Deque wrote:
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:52:27 +0000, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has quite the colourful past history in
uk.radio.amateur. If you fancy a good laugh, have a delve through the
Google Groups archive. It will not surprise you to learn that his
behaviour at one point eventually resulted in a police officer standing
on his head.

IIRC that incident was unrelated to Gareth's behaviour and was in fact a
result of the deranged imagination of your chubby chum.

HTH

Nope, it stemmed directly from his behaviour online.

Here's some clippings from the web:

Radio ham Gareth Evans, G4SDW, was reported to have been arrested in
connection with the harassment of an Internet chat room user.
Now Mr Evans, 54, of Hardens Close, Chippenham SN15 3AA, has made a
complaint to police that he was roughly treated during the arrest.
But police say they are confident they acted within the law when arresting
him.
Mr Evans, who has been bailed pending further police inquiries, was
arrested by six officers at his home on Monday 7th March 2005.
He claims he was pinned to the floor by three police officers, while
another put a boot on the side of his face and forced his head into the
ground.
He said: "They carried me out by the strap of the handcuffs which were
biting against the bone." But Sergeant Matt Armstrong said officers had
made a video recording of the arrest, "We are confident we acted within the
law and if Mr Evans made a complaint then it will be fully investigated by
the Police Professional Standards Department and could be referred to the
Independent Police Complaints Commission.
"He was released on bail pending further inquiries."
Mr Evans was kept in custody overnight at Melksham Police Station and
subsequently made a complaint to Chief Superintendent Amanda Eveley.

///
POLICE sergeant Richard Fullers name has been cleared after he was found
not guilty of using unreasonable force to arrest a man.

Radio ham Gareth Evans, 55, had complained Sgt Fuller, who lives near
Devizes, had unnecessarily used his foot to force his head to the ground
while he was being arrested at his home, in Hardens Close, Chippenham, in
March.
Magistrates in Chippenham found Sgt Fuller, a member of the force's armed
response unit based in Devizes who has an unblemished career record, not
guilty on the second day of his trial on Thursday, February 9.
They said he had not intended to harm Mr Evans, who suffered superficial
facial injuries, and had not used excessive or unreasonable force. He was
alleged to have forced Mr Evans' head to the ground with his foot.

Magistrates in Chippenham heard Mr Evans was arrested at his home in
Hardens Close in connection with the harassment of an Internet chat room
user a case which has since been dropped. The court was shown a video of
the arrest and photographs of Mr Evans' facial injuries taken after the
incident. Mr Evans, 55, spoke of his terror at the arrest, which used what
he described as "agonising force".
Giving evidence, he said: "I was upstairs in my office when I saw a number
of police coming up the road. "I came down to the front door where they
told me they were going to arrest me. "I was in a panic and extremely
frightened by so many people. "I had been at the door for several minutes
when I was suddenly thrown to the floor. It was completely uncalled for.
"A handcuff had been put on to my left wrist with huge force.

Eleven months later and the mark is still visible. I was in a panic that
the same thing was going to happen to my right wrist and I was flailing
around on the floor. "Mr Fuller was swearing at me continuously and I
remember him saying to me I know what to do about this'. A boot was applied
for my face and ground down hard and I gave a cry of distress. "I was lying
on the floor pinned down by a number of officers. There was a feeling of
despair as the handcuff was placed tightly around my other wrist."

Peter Coombe, prosecuting, said the question wasn't whether the incident
happened, but if it amounted to reasonable force. He said: "It was clear
that Sgt Fuller lost his temper and used excessive force. "It was clearly
motivated by anger and that is reflected by the remarks he made at the
time. Mr Evans posed no risk of immediate violence.

"The state entrusts police officers with the right and power to use force
when necessary and must be guarded against using it in excess." Mr Evans
was examined by a forensic pathologist who found the injury on his face
consistent with contact of the boot of the type worn by Sgt Fuller.

Nick Fridd, defending, said by last June Mr Evans had made 59 complaints to
the Independent Police Complaints Commission about Wiltshire Constabulary.
He said Mr Evans aired his views of the police force on the Internet,
calling them the "we'll s***e all over you constabulary". He also said
former police officer Roy Clarke, who was stabbed to death in his Melksham
home in December 2004, "deserved what he got".

When asked by Mr Fridd if he shouted and screamed during the arrest to draw
the attention of his neighbours, Mr Evans replied: "No. I was in absolute
agony. I've never known such pain."

Old August 26th 13, 10:24 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has quite the colourful past history in
uk.radio.amateur. If you fancy a good laugh, have a delve through the
Google Groups archive. It will not surprise you to learn that his
behaviour
at one point eventually resulted in a police officer standing on his head.

I blame the masons...never mind the polis man probably paid dearly for
believing what another mason probably told him ......