Old October 26th 14, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Let's try a different route :)

Assuming I get my old Swan 500 working again. I still want to rig it to run on low power. Now an old ham told me that I could remove the High voltage to the finals, and ground the screens. He guessed I would get about 8 to 10 watts trickling through, and it wouldn't hurt the tubes. In this he said it could be put back at will without rewiring the radio.

Sounds great to me. Any thoughts?
Old October 26th 14, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"HM Dickson" ha scritto nel messaggio

Assuming I get my old Swan 500 working again. I still want to rig it to run
on low power. Now an old ham told me that I could remove the High voltage
to the finals, and ground the screens. He guessed I would get about 8 to 10
watts trickling through, and it wouldn't hurt the tubes. In this he said it
could be put back at will without rewiring the radio.

Sounds great to me. Any thoughts?

In my opinon, to get 8 - 10W you should ground the tubes screen (after
removing the wire or resistor thouugh which the screen is powered, while the
by-pass capacitors can stay where they are) , but the high-voltage to the
finals should NOT be removed.

Removing also the plate voltage you would likely only get a fraction of a
Watt

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

QX3KQ QSL ROUTE? dt Dx 2 April 18th 06 01:47 PM
QSL Route for RU2FO?? Donn Sinclair Dx 14 June 12th 04 11:53 PM
QSL Route for EX8AO Donn Sinclair Dx 0 January 4th 04 01:36 PM
QSL Route for EX8AO Donn Sinclair Dx 0 January 4th 04 01:36 PM
QSL Route PX0F Jim Dx 0 December 15th 03 06:56 PM