Old August 7th 03, 03:40 PM
steve H

Default Info on KW E ZEE Match ATU

Hi,

Has anyone any information on this ATU, looks like balanced line only input, seems to tune up a G5RV
ok, but will this take a few hundred watts from the KW 500 Linear??

Thanks,

Steve H

---

Old August 7th 03, 09:05 PM
Roger Basford

In message , steve H
writes
Hi,

Has anyone any information on this ATU, looks like balanced line only
input, seems to tune up a G5RV
ok, but will this take a few hundred watts from the KW 500 Linear??

Thanks,

Steve H

Hi Steve,

I've got the info for the EZE-Match if you want it. If the antenna is
very off-resonance then you'll have problems with the coils heating up
and melting the supports, even at moderate powers. The KW-107 I have is
allegedly good to 1 kW and it uses exactly the same circuitry and parts
as the EZE-Match. The EZE-Match only had balanced feeder connections but
the later models had coax outputs, antenna switching and a dummy load.
There's been some discussion on the KW_Radios Yahoo group about these
tuners in past week or so, might be worth taking a look.

Hope the KW-500 is working well!

73,
--
Roger Basford
(G3VKM)
Old August 8th 03, 12:06 PM
steve H

Hi,

I have connected it to the 40M dipole with 450R twin, no problems on 40 20 and 15 but can't take
more than around 50W on 80. Yes the Linear is still going, I had to change the anode blocking cap
for a doorknob after the old one exploded, replaced the relays with coaxial and it now produces full
power on 10. I'm starting to get a few bits of KW equipment, the latest is a KW103 in need of
repair, I found the cct. on your yahoo group, it looks relatively simple and the meter itself is ok
so I will try and sort that this weekend.

Steve H

Old August 8th 03, 08:40 PM
Roger Basford

In message , steve H
writes
Hi,

I have connected it to the 40M dipole with 450R twin, no problems on 40
20 and 15 but can't take
more than around 50W on 80. Yes the Linear is still going, I had to
change the anode blocking cap
for a doorknob after the old one exploded, replaced the relays with
coaxial and it now produces full
power on 10. I'm starting to get a few bits of KW equipment, the
latest is a KW103 in need of
repair, I found the cct. on your yahoo group, it looks relatively
simple and the meter itself is ok
so I will try and sort that this weekend.

Steve H

Hi Steve,

Saw you'd found the KW_Group OK. We've had a few new members in the past
week or so, so KW interest is growing. Picked up a Mark IIIa Viceroy SSB
TX and a matching KW-77 this week, the Viceroy seems pretty good and
will be testing it out next week.

Drop a message to the group if there's anything else you need in the way
of info.

73,
--
Roger Basford