Old October 31st 03, 03:21 AM
Mark Rehorst

Default SX-190 buzz in audio

My SX-190 has buzzed at a level just loud enough to be annoying since
I got it a couple years ago (minus a lot of time when it wasn't
working at all) even in standby. One of the things I did to the radio
is replace the electrolytic caps, including the main power supply
filter. I used the same 2200 uF the schematic called for, but the
buzz is still there. Does anyone with one of these radios have a real
quiet set, or do they all buzz like this? Would putting caps across
the rectifiers reduce the buzz, or do I need to go to a quieter
external supply? Or should I do something to the audio amp?

One more thing- where can I get a set of tuning tools that includes
the hex drivers for IF can slugs?

Thanks,

MR

P.S. Download 100+ pages of SX/AX-190 documentation in an indexed .pdf
file he
http://www.rehorst.com/mrehorst/Alli...Info-Oct02.pdf