Old November 29th 03, 03:25 AM
Panzer240

Default This is a Collins ???

Take a look, I vaguely remeber a radio like this but I'm almost sure it
wasn't a Collins.

Panzer

Old November 29th 03, 04:00 AM
Solderblob

Looks like an RME 6900, if Osterman's book is right - should be "RARE",
shouldn't it?

AJ

Old November 29th 03, 04:37 AM
Biz WDØHCO

It's an RME 6900.

Made in 59 to 1962.

It was the second to last receiver RME made after it merged with
ElectroVoice.

It goes with the 6901 speaker.

6902 was the last model. I have yet to run into anyone that had one.

-Biz WDØHCO

Old November 29th 03, 05:47 AM
Dbowey

"Knobs and lettering resemble a Hammarlund product."

That is what I thought also. It is odd there is no logo showing.

Don
Old November 29th 03, 06:25 AM
Ken Parker

I beleive the RME 6900 logo was above the main tuning knob. Looks like the
two mounting hole remain.

WB6RLA

Old November 29th 03, 01:01 PM
AComarow

It's an RME 6900.

Made in 59 to 1962.

It was the second to last receiver RME made after it merged with
ElectroVoice.

It goes with the 6901 speaker.

6902 was the last model. I have yet to run into anyone that had one.

-Biz WDØHCO

Hi, Biz--

Now you have. I owned one for several years and liked it very much. Sold it
only because of shack overflow.

Avery W3AVE
Potomac, Md.

Old November 29th 03, 01:12 PM
patgkz

It is a Colin....not a Collins. I am sure that it must rate at least a CCA
"Excellent".

In this case CCA means "Collins Clone Association"

It should be interesting to see how long it will take the seller to correct
his listing. I am sure the
anal Collins-purists will be bombarding the poor SOB with a flood of
complaints.

73 and keep searching for that teflon-wired RME-6900!

Pat WPE9JRL

Old November 29th 03, 02:26 PM
Panzer240

Biz WDØHCO wrote in :

It's an RME 6900.

Made in 59 to 1962.

It was the second to last receiver RME made after it merged with
ElectroVoice.

It goes with the 6901 speaker.

6902 was the last model. I have yet to run into anyone that had one.

-Biz WDØHCO

Yes !!! It comes back to me now I have a great memory but it is getting
rather short these days LOL.

TNX

--
Panzer

Old November 29th 03, 03:44 PM
AComarow

WOW - well never seen a picture of one but heard of them from some RME
Collectors here in Dallas. Kinda collectable since it was the last gasp of
RME. There is a small group here that collects the last tube rigs of dying
companies from the 50's 60's and 70's.

Interesting concept since back then most would do anything they could to
save their companies and some of these "desperation" rigs reflect that.

-Biz WDØHCO
Dallas, TX

Well, if by desperation you mean ill-conceived or rushed designs, yes, there
was some of that. Hammarlund's HQ-215 or -205 (I don't recall the exact model
number) comes to mind--a nondescript receiver coupled with a CB transmitter.
But the RME 6900 was a very good radio, at least in my opinion. It performed
well and looked pretty neat, and was priced well below the top of hamband-only
receivers.

Avery W3AVE