Old February 20th 04, 12:13 PM
Frank Krozel

Default HW-16 information?

Bought a HW-16, but not represented as what I received.
Need manual, schematic to get this running....
Anyone know where I can find this on line.
Also need 6EW6 tube..
Best Regards, Frank, KG9H

Old February 20th 04, 01:08 PM
K5DH

Frank,

The BAMA has the manual and schematic for free download:

http://bama.sbc.edu/heath.htm

What's wrong with your '16? I've restored several of
them over the years. I have a really nice one in my
shack now, with the matching VFO. Fun rigs!

73,
Dean K5DH

In article . net,
says...

Old February 21st 04, 02:35 AM

6EW6 is not essential. Any remote, semiremote, or sharp
cutoff pentode with a base 7CM will work.

I've used 6BZ6, 6CB6A, 6BH6, etc with no big rx difference.
6EW6 has very high gain (high gm).

watch out for the diode multiplier chain. sometimes, they go
south.

also, check the 6GE5 bias electrolytic. it can dry out, like
the other electrolytics.

replace all the large wattage carbon comp resistors. they
change value dramatically!

can send you copies of enhancements published in CQ mag,
from years back.

good luck.
++++++++