Old May 19th 04, 09:17 PM
Al Schapira

Default WTB: power cord for old RCA WR-67A test osc

I'm looking for a replacment power cord for an RCA WR-67A Test
Oscillator (signal generator). On the connector end, it resembles a TV
"cheater" cord, and has a standard two-pin AC plug on the other end.
(Modern cheater cords don't have the desired pin spacing.) The pins are
approx .125" dia spaced approx .333". Overall the connector is approx
..82" x .43". I believe that the same connector was used on several
different RCA units.

Neither the original manufacturer (Belden) nor the subsidiary they sold
their power cord business to (Volex) have it or can suggest a source.
I struck out at RS and my local parts place.
So, if anyone out there has such a cord, or a parts unit with cord for
sale, please speak up.

Here are pictures of what I need.

http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0008.JPG
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0008.JPG

Thanks,

-Al Schapira, KC2HRH,

Old May 19th 04, 09:22 PM
Al Schapira

Sorry, I screwed up the URL for the pictures. Please try these.

http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0008.JPG
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0009.JPG
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0010.JPG

-Al

Old May 19th 04, 09:28 PM
Ken Weitzel

Al Schapira wrote:
[...]

Hi...

Can't tell what that is, or what the pin arrangement is
from you photograph, but a long while ago I remember
having something that looked like it wanted a cheater
cord but the spacing was different.

Turned out that the power cord from my razor (Phillishave,
in this case) fit perfectly, and it was a cinch to buy
one of those.

Take care.

Ken

Old May 23rd 04, 02:40 PM
John Miller

Al Schapira wrote:

Thanks to all who responded. I'm still looking.

In the short term, consider using a couple of Molex female connectors --
just the metal pieces -- and molding the "plug surround" out of epoxy
putty.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

If entropy is increasing, where is it coming from?

Old May 26th 04, 03:46 PM
Van Gardner

Al, I ran into a similar situation when the power cord on my old 8mm
movie projector failed. I had a lot of PC parts in my shop and
replaced the socket on the projector with one from a dead PC power
supply and used a PC power cord. I don't think there will ever be a
shortage of them in my lifetime.

Van Gardner