Old July 11th 04, 05:21 AM
Roy McCammon

Tom Bruhns wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...I
normally avoid such things, but thought that these classic books might
be of special interest to someone here.

It's a set of three texts covering ELECTRICAL (as opposed to
electronic) engineering: Carl Edward Magnusson, "Direct Currents,"
"Alternating Currents," and "Electric Transients." These are from
1929, 1931 and 1926 respectively. More details at

so, are you retiring?

Old July 11th 04, 07:06 AM
Mike

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:21:30 GMT, Roy McCammon wrote:

Tom Bruhns wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...I
normally avoid such things, but thought that these classic books might
be of special interest to someone here.

It's a set of three texts covering ELECTRICAL (as opposed to
electronic) engineering: Carl Edward Magnusson, "Direct Currents,"
"Alternating Currents," and "Electric Transients." These are from
1929, 1931 and 1926 respectively. More details at

so, are you retiring?

Maybe he's just tiring. Speaking for myself, once is enough. I have no
intention of doing it twice.

-- Mike --
Old July 12th 04, 11:13 PM
Tom Bruhns

Roy McCammon wrote in message ...
Tom Bruhns wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...I
normally avoid such things, but thought that these classic books might
be of special interest to someone here.

It's a set of three texts covering ELECTRICAL (as opposed to
electronic) engineering: Carl Edward Magnusson, "Direct Currents,"
"Alternating Currents," and "Electric Transients." These are from
1929, 1931 and 1926 respectively. More details at

so, are you retiring?

Well, it won't be too long till I retire from my current job, but that
doesn't mean I'd be retiring from the world. Win asked me a similar
question when we chatted on the phone a couple weeks ago about the RF
Design magazines...he asked what I was keeping. It took me just a
short moment to say, "my mind." Indeed I am keeping the references I
actually use the most, but I had an awakening, if you will, that all
the things I was keeping around were becoming more a burden to me than
a blessing. If others can get use out of them, that's wonderful. It
will save space in the landfill while helping both me and them. A
small percentage of what I'm disposing of I'm putting on eBay, but
most I'm just happy to give to folk that can use it. I've discovered
a local retired EE who volunteers at a couple high schools, trying to
get students interested in electronics, and they will be the
beneficiary of lots of parts and some small pieces of test equipment
that are redundant to me. And in fact, Win may be the recipient of
some other books not necessarily offered to the "general public."
John did get a couple of interesting ones...a small token of thanks
for one that he sent me a while back that has special meaning to me.

And if what I'm doing encourages others to share freely of what they
have but no longer really need...I'll be pleased indeed.

Cheers,
Tom

(My postings here are liable to be pretty sporadic until my cleaning
is further along. But there may be a few more "free" offers or the
rare "FA" posting.)