Old July 9th 04, 03:56 PM
Tom Bruhns

Default FA: classic Electrical Engineering texts

Hi all,

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...I
normally avoid such things, but thought that these classic books might
be of special interest to someone here.

It's a set of three texts covering ELECTRICAL (as opposed to
electronic) engineering: Carl Edward Magnusson, "Direct Currents,"
"Alternating Currents," and "Electric Transients." These are from
1929, 1931 and 1926 respectively. More details at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT
and of course I'd be happy to answer questions by email.

Cheers,
Tom
Old July 9th 04, 05:44 PM
Guy Macon

Tom Bruhns says...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT

No need for such a long URL. This works fine:

Old July 10th 04, 02:55 PM
Fred Bloggs

Tom Bruhns wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...I
normally avoid such things, but thought that these classic books might
be of special interest to someone here.

It's a set of three texts covering ELECTRICAL (as opposed to
electronic) engineering: Carl Edward Magnusson, "Direct Currents,"
"Alternating Currents," and "Electric Transients." These are from
1929, 1931 and 1926 respectively. More details at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT
and of course I'd be happy to answer questions by email.

Cheers,
Tom

I can't believe Hill topped out at $20- what a skin-flint!

Old July 10th 04, 03:49 PM
Guy Macon

Fred Bloggs says...

I can't believe Hill topped out at $20- what a skin-flint!

Grasshopper, you fail to grasp the Tau of eBay bidding. One good
strategy is to bid a small amount early and a large amount at the
last moment. The small amount is in case you and another bidder
bid the same amount - in that case whoever bid first wins no matter
how small the initial bid. The large amount at the last moment
hides your interest from the observer and allows you to do a search
for similar items at the penultimate moment. If Hill is an experienced
eBay buyer you will not know his final bid until the auction closes.

--
Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you

Old July 10th 04, 04:43 PM
Winfield Hill

Fred Bloggs wrote...

Tom Bruhns wrote:

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...

I can't believe Hill topped out at $20- what a skin-flint!

I'm waiting for some of Tom's better books to appear.

Thanks,
- Win

(email: use hill_at_rowland-dot-org for now)

Old July 10th 04, 06:22 PM
John Larkin

On 10 Jul 2004 08:43:40 -0700, Winfield Hill
wrote:

Fred Bloggs wrote...

Tom Bruhns wrote:

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...

I can't believe Hill topped out at $20- what a skin-flint!

I'm waiting for some of Tom's better books to appear.

Too late: he already gave the best ones to me.

John

Old July 10th 04, 08:49 PM
Winfield Hill

John Larkin wrote...

Winfield Hill wrote:

Fred Bloggs wrote...

Tom Bruhns wrote:

Hope you'll excuse this FA announcement in sci.electronics.design...

I can't believe Hill topped out at $20- what a skin-flint!

I'm waiting for some of Tom's better books to appear.

Too late: he already gave the best ones to me.

Oh. Bummer. Well, I got his old RF Design magazines. :)

Old July 10th 04, 11:33 PM
John Larkin

On 10 Jul 2004 12:49:07 -0700, Winfield Hill
wrote:

I'm waiting for some of Tom's better books to appear.

Too late: he already gave the best ones to me.

Oh. Bummer. Well, I got his old RF Design magazines. :)

Thanks,
- Win

I can let you have an old copy of AoE. Not a bad book at all.

John

Old July 11th 04, 01:39 AM
Winfield Hill

John Larkin wrote...

I can let you have an old copy of AoE. Not a bad book at all.

Hah! If you truly have a spare copy, I'll take it. I often
get requests from deserving young folks for free copies.

Old July 11th 04, 04:03 AM
John Larkin

On 10 Jul 2004 17:39:44 -0700, Winfield Hill
wrote:

John Larkin wrote...

I can let you have an old copy of AoE. Not a bad book at all.

Hah! If you truly have a spare copy, I'll take it. I often
get requests from deserving young folks for free copies.

Thanks,
- Win

I'll check the inventory. I give a copy to every intern if s/he
doesn't have it already... 8 or 9 so far.

John