Old August 12th 04, 10:09 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Neutrowound Info Needed

Try going to rec.antiques.radio+phono...
This is their forte.

--
73
Hank WD5JFR
"K3UD" wrote in message
Hello,

I know that this is not an amateur radio boatanchor but I was given a
Neutrowound 6 tube radio that was manufactured in 1926 and thought
someone here might be able able to help me find a schematic for it.

From what I can gather on the web, Neutrowound never published their
schematics for some reason, but I wonder if anyone who has restored one
may have produced a schematic as part of the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks es 73
George
K3UD

Old August 13th 04, 11:52 PM
K3UD

In article ,
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote:

Hank,

Thanks for the response. I have it posted over there and so far have got
nothing in reply. I think that the Neutrowound is somewhat rare for some
reason.

73
George
K3UD

"K3UD" wrote in message
Hello,

I know that this is not an amateur radio boatanchor but I was given a
Neutrowound 6 tube radio that was manufactured in 1926 and thought
someone here might be able able to help me find a schematic for it.

From what I can gather on the web, Neutrowound never published their

Old August 14th 04, 01:20 AM
.Bill

K3UD wrote:

"K3UD" wrote in message

Hello,

I know that this is not an amateur radio boatanchor but I was given a
Neutrowound 6 tube radio that was manufactured in 1926 and thought
someone here might be able able to help me find a schematic for it.

From what I can gather on the web, Neutrowound never published their
schematics for some reason, but I wonder if anyone who has restored one
may have produced a schematic as part of the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks es 73
George
K3UD

Hi George,
Saw ur post on rar+p and figured someone might jump in. Guess not.
Actually Neutrowounds seem to be fairly common...and run-o-the-mill.
Most sets of that era were pretty generic, the neutrodyne models got a
bit fancier because they neutralized the tubes often with mechanical
gizmos that you may not readily recognize as a neutralizing cap. Apart
from that there weren't many ways to skin the same cat back in the
mid-20s and neutralizing 6 howling triodes was the latest thing.
There's a great webpage on neutralizing the old boy but I see my link is
dead so here's an alternative...
http://web.archive.org/web/200312071...ren/align.html

If that link is rendered useless by chopping up then try this:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...ren/align.html

If getting it to make some noise is the immediate problem the most
common maladies are in order:
1. Bad audio interstage xfmr
2. Bad audio interstage xfmr
3. Bad audio interstage xfmr
Did I mention the old audio xfmrs are very prone to failure?
4. Detector grid leak way up in value (2-10 meg is typical, beyond that
is too much).
5. Grid leak cap (normally 100-250mmf) leaky.

Apart from that there ain't much left other than the toobs. I guess
you've got all '01As or maybe a '12A thrown in as detector or '71As for
audio?

If I can be of any help feel free to contact me directly. I can't say
much specific to your exact model but I'll do what I can. In the
meantime if you look on nostalgiaair.org at something like the
Freed-Eisemann NR-5, NR-6 you'll see some representative schematics.

HTH es 73,
Bill
exray at coqui.net

Info needed Scanman Boatanchors 0 January 10th 04 10:44 PM
Gotham Antenna info needed Keyboard In The Wilderness Antenna 4 December 5th 03 04:09 PM
Info in mil. receiver needed Tom Lager Boatanchors 10 November 1st 03 03:35 AM
Info in mil. receiver needed Tom Lager Boatanchors 0 October 31st 03 03:31 PM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM