Old April 18th 05, 05:13 AM
Chuck Harris

Randy or Sherry Guttery wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

But that is where I entered this thread; advocating changing the feeback
mechanism so that *nobody* could see the feedback for a given transaction
until both parties had contributed their feedback, and adding a
transaction
counter, so you could detect bad vendors that purposefully tried to
game the
system by not giving feedback.

There's a better way to handle that situation - for "unmatched"
feedbacks - make the one-sided feedback visible after 90 days - then all
can see it - PLUS it's too late for retaliatory feedback...

best regards...

That is better! Now if we could just get ebay to implement the change...

-Chuck
Old April 18th 05, 06:06 AM
Bill M

Chuck Harris wrote:

But that is where I entered this thread; advocating changing the feeback
mechanism so that *nobody* could see the feedback for a given
transaction
until both parties had contributed their feedback, and adding a
transaction
counter, so you could detect bad vendors that purposefully tried to
game the
system by not giving feedback.

There's a better way to handle that situation - for "unmatched"
feedbacks - make the one-sided feedback visible after 90 days - then
all can see it - PLUS it's too late for retaliatory feedback...

best regards...

That is better! Now if we could just get ebay to implement the change...

-Chuck

I've always found ebay to be very responsive to the demands of its
users. I dont necessarily agree with Randy's solution but there are
people smarter than me making these decisions.
The crapola about it going to hell in a handbag from a clown that has
used ebay two times several years ago is unfounded.
ebay is well obliged to a zillion member user base. Old timey hardware
store methodology is passé.
I don't know how that translates to the credit card of a brother-in-law
of a girlfriend that was used by OP wound up getting
hacked...whatever. You call the 800 number of the card and thats the
end of that. Its 2004.
As much as one should recognize the threats of online purchasing one
should also understand/learn the remedies if a deal goes bad.

-BM
Old April 18th 05, 06:30 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Bill M wrote:

end of that. Its 2004.

I know you've been busy, but its 2005! ;-)

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 18th 05, 06:59 AM
Bill M

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Bill M wrote:

end of that. Its 2004.

I know you've been busy, but its 2005! ;-)

Ya got me there, Michael A.

-Bill
Old April 18th 05, 07:41 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Bill M wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Bill M wrote:

end of that. Its 2004.

I know you've been busy, but its 2005! ;-)

Ya got me there, Michael A.

-Bill

No biggie but I just couldn't let it slip past, could I? ;-)

Old April 18th 05, 08:25 AM
Bill M

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Bill M wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Bill M wrote:

No biggie but I just couldn't let it slip past, could I? ;-)

I know you :-)

-Bill
Old May 5th 05, 06:00 PM

I returned the NC-270 ("mint, I can find nothing to fault on this
receiver")two weeks ago. It cost me $35.50 to have it sent to me, but
only $11.91 to return it, insured, to Martyn. I waited a week after UPS
tracking said it was delivered, asked, and was told "I've been too busy
to open it. I'll get it tomorrow." I waited another week, then filed a
complaint with PayPal. I was told, "This will only delay your credit.
Withdraw your complaint and I'll credit you right away." I left it with
PayPal. Then I left Negative Feedback on Ebay. I think my negative was
honest and restrained, "Equipment was over-represented, not Mint."

In reply I was called a liar. He stated that he had given me credit(he
hasn't yet), and, oh my God, placed me on his "blocked bidders" list!
That was the biggest blow, since I have learned nothing and want to
throw more money down the rat hole!

Martin

Old May 7th 05, 04:52 PM
Edward Knobloch

Hi, Gang

I've been following the Radio-Mart saga with interest.

One of my early eBay purchases was a "mint" Turner ceramic hand mic
from a "MartynA". It arrived with a filed notch in the PTT button,
so the CBer or whoever could keep talking without the +effort+
of holding the PTT switch closed. I wonder if it was the same seller.

73,
Ed Knobloch