Old May 1st 05, 05:09 PM
Ron Lawrence KC4YOY

Default 35 years ago

May 1st, 2005, 35 years ago today I bought my first "antique" radio.
I've created a little web page to tell the story.
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/35years.html

73, Ron

Ron Lawrence, kc4yoy
(Curmudgeon in training)

POBox 3015
Matthews, NC 28106-3015
704-289-1166 (home)
kc4yoy(at)carolina.rr.com

Radio Collection Web Page,
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com

Old May 1st 05, 05:41 PM
Sal Brisindi

Ron,
You have a good memory, I am lucky I remember the day I was married.....
well, not quite that bad. You have one hell of a collection many will
envy.

Regards,
Sal Brisindi

Old May 1st 05, 08:06 PM
John Goller, k9uwa

In article ,
says...

http://radioheaven.homestead.com/35years.html

73, Ron

Hi Ron .... beautiful collection of goodies and radios....
Have a question for you about one thats in this picture...

http://radioheaven.homestead.com/files/bookcase.JPG

The AK console on the left.... under the metal coffin boxes...
what model # is the radio thats in it?... maybe a 20C
or one of the other breadbox units #33 perhaps?...
yes I have one... that is incomplete.. and need to know
what to look for to complete it....

John k9uwa

Old May 1st 05, 10:44 PM
Ron Lawrence KC4YOY

http://radioheaven.homestead.com/files/bookcase.JPG

The AK console on the left.... under the metal coffin boxes...
what model # is the radio thats in it?... maybe a 20C
or one of the other breadbox units #33 perhaps?...
yes I have one... that is incomplete.. and need to know
what to look for to complete it....

That's a cabinet built by Connor or Conner not sure which.
The radio is a AK model 36 which was their first AC powered
set. The separate power supply is in the lower cabinet
behind the model E speaker.

Ron

Old May 4th 05, 11:29 PM
Ron Lawrence KC4YOY

The AK console on the left.... under the metal coffin boxes...
what model # is the radio thats in it?... maybe a 20C
or one of the other breadbox units #33 perhaps?...
yes I have one... that is incomplete.. and need to know
what to look for to complete it....

John, there's one like it except in a pooley cabinet
listed on the bay now.
It has a model AK 33 which is the battery model
that was used to make the model 36 AC set.
It's a neat looking radio with the big E speaker
sticking through the front.

Ron

Old May 1st 05, 09:19 PM
gb

" Ron Lawrence KC4YOY" wrote in message
m...
May 1st, 2005, 35 years ago today I bought my first "antique" radio.
I've created a little web page to tell the story.
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/35years.html

73, Ron
Ron Lawrence, kc4yoy
(Curmudgeon in training)

POBox 3015
Matthews, NC 28106-3015
704-289-1166 (home)
kc4yoy(at)carolina.rr.com

Radio Collection Web Page,
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com

Ron -

IF you ever have the opportunity, I would love a copy of the VHF TV
pyramidal antenna article from that issue by George J. Monser.

Mr. Monser has since passed away, and I already have his UHF follow-up
article

g. beat
w9gb

Old May 1st 05, 10:43 PM
robert casey

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY wrote:
May 1st, 2005, 35 years ago today I bought my first "antique" radio.

That's about the same time I picked up two AA5s at the
church fair. An RCA 8X541 and a GE clock radio c435.
Neither too exciting at the time with respect to being
antiques, just old.
Old May 1st 05, 11:15 PM
Bill

robert casey wrote:

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY wrote:

May 1st, 2005, 35 years ago today I bought my first "antique" radio.

That's about the same time I picked up two AA5s at the
church fair. An RCA 8X541 and a GE clock radio c435.
Neither too exciting at the time with respect to being
antiques, just old.

That was about the time I was putting the 17th coat of spar varnish on
my first RCA console to hide the splitting veneer.

-Bill
Old May 1st 05, 11:17 PM
Shawn K

It always seems that there is someone who passes the antique radio bug
on to the next person. For me it was about 12 years ago, someone I know
gave me a small tube tester, a westinghouse console radio, and a little
advice. Since then, I have aquired several more radios, and although I
still have a lot to learn, it has been a tonne of fun!!! Gonna have to
buy my own house soon though.... with all the hobbies in this house,
there is no more room for me anymore.

Shawn K
www.thisoldradio.com

Imax ground plane question Vinnie S. CB 151 April 15th 05 05:21 AM
"Within 15 years AM/FM radio will become a curiosity" Mike Terry Broadcasting 23 April 14th 05 06:39 AM
Eighty years ago this week Mike Terry Shortwave 3 March 28th 05 06:16 PM
Hammie gets ten years Twistedhed CB 21 March 22nd 04 01:27 PM
Why You Don't Like The ARRL Louis C. LeVine Policy 803 January 23rd 04 01:12 AM