Old November 4th 04, 05:33 AM
Glenn Harden

Default Free: RAA-3 receiver

Includes circa 1944 VLF receiver and power supply.
Together they weigh about 500 lbs.

Eugene, OR

Old November 4th 04, 05:47 AM
-exray

Glenn Harden wrote:
Includes circa 1944 VLF receiver and power supply.
Together they weigh about 500 lbs.

Eugene, OR

Will you pay shipping to 00765?

-BM
Old November 4th 04, 06:45 AM
Dbowey

Includes circa 1944 VLF receiver and power supply. Together they weigh about
500 lbs.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but.... what's its condition?

I will be in Eugene some time this coming weekend, and I would like to have it.
If it's still available pls email me your address and phone number.

Don

Old November 4th 04, 09:12 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Can you please put a pix of it up or sendme one. I've never heard of this
big a receiver and would like to know more aobut why it's so big. Too bad
I'm in Tulsa.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 5th 04, 07:45 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I can't find a pix of this unit on the web using google. Can someone please
guide me or send me one?

Old February 10th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
kn4r

Default RAA and RAB receivers wanted by USS North Carolina

All,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to tour the battleship USS North Carolina
yesterday (Wilmington NC) with a special tour of Radio Room One from the
onsite electronics tech, Terry Kuhn...

Onboard are the ship's original RAK/RALs, RBA/RBB/RBCs and transmitters,
panoramic adapters, etc etc...as things were left in 1947 when the ship
was decomissioned.....

The USS North Carolina is looking for a RAA and RAB (purchase, tax
donation, etc)... please contact:

Terry Kuhn (not a ham but should be!)

His phone-ship: 910-251-5797 ext 2035

thanks and regards,