Old May 25th 11, 03:48 AM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting

Default There will be live Open Forum tonight.

"John T" wrote

That's why many of his teachings, especially in the last year or so, are
directly contradictory to the written text. His biblical spelunking has
left him blind to the obvious.

My philosophy as I've expressed here from time to time: You cannot argue
someone out of a position using logic if they did not use logic to get
themselves into it.

I don't recall that he worked for the city. He owned a construction
company, and he owns property all over the Bay Area. He built a fair
number of shopping centers around such as Town & Country Village
(Sunnyvale), Pelton Center in San Leandro, South Shore in Alameda [....]

Dang it! Those are some of my favorite places as shopping centers go. I
had no idea about this side of him.

Do you see why things are the way they are?

It's a bane, but it's a boon, too. As I've said before, though I abhor most
of his teachings, Family Radio is really the *only* religious broadcaster I
can think of that doesn't feel slimy.

Old May 25th 11, 05:07 PM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting

David Kaye wrote:

Do you see why things are the way they are?

It's a bane, but it's a boon, too. As I've said before, though I abhor most
of his teachings, Family Radio is really the *only* religious broadcaster I
can think of that doesn't feel slimy.

I'd agree, with the exception that Billy Graham's operation also seemed very
sincere and honest. I have always been impressed with how Hour of Decision
was done.

I worked briefly for an AM play-for-pay operation in the eighties and got
to know some folks at other similar independents. To call some of those
folks "slimy" is a great understatement. But, people are just this way.
You throw the moneylenders out of the temple, in a couple thousand years
they're just going to be back again...
--scott