Old June 8th 16, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 8 June 2016

RadioInsight

Medialife: For radio, a high price for fighting change

http://72.32.178.152/for-radio-a-hig...ghting-change/

WBUR Launches New Mobile/Podcast First Website

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...first-website/

Boston University Public News/Talk 90.9 WBUR Boston is launching a new
website on Friday, June 10.

The new site, developed using Facebooks open-source React.js javascript
library, is built to look and feel like an audio app. The idea is to make
the audio easy to find, and most importantly, infuse the digital experience
with a site that is easier to use phones - modern, extremely fast and
efficient. WBUR states that 65% of their site traffic comes from mobile
devices with much of that coming through social media links.

The beta of the new platform can be seen here.

WBUR, Boston’s NPR news station, officially released its new audio-centric
website, built to reinvent online listening with a faster, more
streamlined, mobile-friendly approach for the station’s main website at
wbur.org and all of the programs produced by WBUR, including Radio Boston
and NPR shows, Here Now, On Point and Only A Game.

“With a majority of our traffic coming from mobile users, and much of it
through social, we recognized that listening to live streaming and
segmented audio stories on demand was a huge opportunity for our digital
strategy,” said Tiffany Campbell, executive editor for digital at WBUR.
“Our new responsive design transforms WBUR.org into a site that looks great
on any device and reimagines how listeners connect with, engage with and
share audio.”

The site demonstrates WBUR’s ongoing commitment to pioneer innovation in
public media. It works seamlessly whether on a desktop, tablet or phone,
and allows users to control their own experience whether streaming WBUR
live or playing individual audio stories. The site has an industry-leading
“persistent play” experience which allows users to listen, read and browse
WBUR’s award-winning content simultaneously. The site also features an
“Explore Audio” view, listing all audio posts. Users can scrub through an
audio file and control the player like an app.

WBUR kicked off the redesign by soliciting input from listeners to
crowdsource new features. Users and technologists across the country
weighed in and informed the site’s layout, features, and navigation. The
site was designed by Boston-based firm Upstatement, using React, the
open-source JavaScript coding language created by Facebook. The new
wbur.org is one of the first news sites fully written in React, which was
selected for its advantage with improved loading speeds on mobile devices.

“This new platform provides us with a way to deliver the great content WBUR
produces on-air and online with audio, pictures and multimedia graphics,”
said John Davidow, WBUR managing director of digital. “Plus, the site’s
modular approach enables us to easily scale up and keep adding more
stories, new podcasts, special news series, and new verticals like The
ARTery.”

The WBUR website has been in public beta since February, and it will
continue to evolve. WBUR plans to roll out new features in the coming
months, including a mobile application and a streamlined donation approach
to encourage digital giving.

“We’re in a golden age of spoken-word audio—on the radio, online, on mobile
apps and in podcasts,” said Charlie Kravetz, general manager, WBUR. “Our
heritage in public radio means we excel at creating audio, across all
platforms. The new wbur.org brings all our local newsroom and national
program content together in a handsome, accessible, state-of-the-art
technology platform to serve our listeners, wherever and however they
choose to experience WBUR.”

Daily Domains 6/7: Jack Hitting The Road In Kansas City

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-kansas-city/

This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

CBS Radio Launches Official Star Trek Podcast

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-trek-podcast/

CBS Radios Play.It podcast network is teaming with its for now corporate
cousin CBS Consumer Products to launch an officially licensed Star Trek
podcast.

ENGAGE: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK PODCAST will debut on Wednesday, June 15
with its first three episodes. The show will be hosted by film critic and
StarTrek.com writer Jordan Hoffman. Guests in the first three shows include
“Weird Al” Yankovic and Adam Nimoy. New episodes will then premiere every
Wednesday starting June 22.

CBS RADIO, CBS Local Digital Media and CBS Consumer Products, today
announced the launch of “Engage: The OFFICIAL Star Trek Podcast,” which
will be exclusively hosted on the podcast platform Play.it. The first
three episodes of the hour-long podcast will be available on Wednesday,
June 15 via Play.it/StarTrek, iTunes and StarTrek.com. Starting June 22,
new episodes will be released weekly.

The podcast will be hosted by Jordan Hoffman, a film critic and writer of
the “One Trek Mind” blog on StarTrek.com. The three episodes available June
15 feature special guests including “Weird Al” Yankovic, and Adam Nimoy.

A celebration of one of the most iconic entertainment franchises in the
Galaxy, “Engage: The OFFICIAL Star Trek Podcast” is aimed at both fans old
and new. Film critic and author of StarTrek.com’s “One Trek Mind” column,
Hoffman will interact with enthusiasts, interview guests, and argue the
minutiae of this beloved 50-year-old fictional universe.

“There is no better way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek than
with the official podcast coming to CBS RADIO and CBS Local Digital Media,”
said Andre Fernandez, President, CBS RADIO. “It is a groundbreaking and
noteworthy franchise that we are proud to be a part of.”

“Star Trek has been a significant and integral part of pop culture for many
years,” said Adam Wiener, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS
Local Digital Media. “We are thrilled to bring fans another outlet to
connect to for their love of the franchise through the launch of the first
Official Star Trek podcast on Play.it.”

“Star Trek is more than just a collection of television shows, films,
books, comics and toys for me – it is one of the great loves of my life.
It’s a relationship that has evolved over time and has created true,
lasting connections,” said Hoffman. “There’s nothing I like more than
meeting someone who might be Trek-curious and guiding them toward
full-fledged devotion. I want this show to ‘engage’ with the hardcore and
the neophyte alike. It’s a big galaxy out there.”

Listeners can engage with Hoffman on the official Facebook page of the
podcast and on Twitter @jhoffman.

Hoffman is a film critic and writer based in New York, and a member of the
New York Film Critics Circle, a film critic organization dating back to
1935. His movie reviews appear regularly in The Guardian, and he has
contributed to Vanity Fair, Mashable, the New York Daily News and other
outlets. Since 2011, he has written the “One Trek Mind” blog for
StarTrek.com, a fan-focused humor column. In 2012, Hoffman began hosting
“One Trek Mind: Live” at Star Trek conventions, a raucous, hour-long debate
with fans to create top 10 lists on various Star Trek topics. In late 2014,
Hoffman took on the Herculean task of ranking the near 700 episodes of the
complete Star Trek franchise for Playboy.com, and in 2015 he profiled Adam
Nimoy for the Los Angeles Times during his first trip to a Star Trek
convention since the passing of his father, Leonard Nimoy.

Play.it offers more than 400 premium content podcasts including more than
70 digital-exclusive programs from major brands and publishers across every
major category, including news information, sports, entertainment,
lifestyle, comedy, health wellness, business and culture as well as
content from CBS RADIO shows on demand.

Play.it also offers podcasts from CBS RADIO’s Boomer Esiason and Craig
Carton, Carson Daly, and Kevin and Bean, in addition to well-known
individuals like rapper and one half of Capone-n-Noreaga N.O.R.E.(Drink
Champs) , former wrestler Taz (The Taz Show), television personality Stassi
Schroeder (Straight Up with Stassi), and actor/director Michael Rapaport (I
AM RAPAPORT: STEREO PODCAST), as well as content from leading news,
lifestyle, sports and media brands including 48 HOURS, 60 MINUTES, CBS
Sports Radio, Simon Schuster and more.

The Street: Why Radio Political Ad Spending Is Roaring Back in 2016 - and
Which Operators Will Benefit the Most

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1359...-the-most.html

Alicia Tyler Joins KFOG

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...er-joins-kfog/

Alicia Tyler, currently Program Director/Midday host at Stephens Media
Alternative 94.1 The Zone WZNE Rochester NY, is joining Cumulus AAA 104.5
KFOG San Francisco/97.7 KFFG San Jose as Music Director and an undisclosed
airshift.

This is a return to the San Francisco market for Tyler as she previously
worked on-air at CBS Modern AC Alice 97.3 KLLC and Rhythmic AC Movin 99.7
KMVQ. She has also held programming positions at Click 98.9 KLCK Seattle,
Radio 94.7 KKDO Sacramento, and B93 KOSO Modesto.

She will make her debut on KFOG on June 22.

Cumulus Media announces that it has appointed 17-year programming
professional and on-air personality Alicia Tyler as Music Director for
KFOG-FM. Tyler, will also be an On-Air Personality for KFOG. She debuts on
KFOG on June 22, 2016.

Tyler heads back to San Francisco to join KFOG from Alternative Rock
station WZNE-FM (94.1 The Zone) in Rochester, NY, where she was Program
Director and Midday Personality. Previously, Tyler was Midday Personality
for KMYZ-FM (Z104.5 The Edge) in Tulsa, OK, and was Assistant Program
Director, Music Director and Midday Personality for KLCK-FM (Click 98.9) in
Seattle, WA. She has also held posts including: Music Director and On-Air
Personality for KKDO-FM (RADIO 94.7) in Sacramento, CA; On-Air Personality
for KLLC-FM (Alice @ 97.3) and KMVQ-FM (Movin 99.7) in San Francisco, CA;
and Assistant Program Director/Music Director and Afternoon Drive
Personality for KOSO-FM (Your B93.1) in Stockton/Modesto, CA. Tyler holds a
B.S. degree in Communication from State University of New York at Brockport.

Bryan Schock, KFOG Program Director, said: “When it came to finding the
right On-Air Music Director there were many boxes to be checked and that
meant searching in every part of the country for just the right person.
There’s no doubt in my mind that in the case of Alicia, all the boxes were
checked. I’m looking forward to having her, and all of the skills that she
brings to the table, on the KFOG team!”

Tyler said: “When I first heard about this opportunity, my heart skipped a
beat. Bryan Schock has such a great reputation and with a team like Matt
Pinfield, Irish Greg, and No Name, its really a no brainer for me. Im
excited to be a part of the future of KFOG and cant wait to get out there!!
Thank you to my new Cumulus family, including Troy Hanson, Justin
Wittmayer, and Bryan Schock for believing in me.”

May 2016 (4/21-5/18) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 1

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=75862 030d3