Old October 4th 16, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 3 October 2016

RadioInsight

Forever Media Expands To Maryland's Eastern Shore

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...eastern-shore/

Forever Media has announced it will acquire Country 94.3 WINX-FM St.
Michaels and AC 96.7 WCEI-FM Easton from First Media Radio for $6.5 million.

The two stations cover the central portions of Marylands Eastern Shore
between Baltimore/Washington DC and Salisbury/Ocean City. WCEIs Class B1
signal rimshots portions of the Baltimore market. Michael J. Bergner of
Bergner Co. brokered the deal for Forever in the transaction.

The Altoona PA based Forever operates clusters in eight markets. It made
its first entry into Maryland with the acquisition of Dix Communications
stations in Cumberland in 2015. While the company regularly uses similar
brand names for all its stations in a particular format, with iHeartMedias
99.9 WWFG Ocean City-Salisbury already claiming use of Froggy, it may not
be possible for WINX-FM to use that name.

Colleen Addair To Exit WIVK After 28 Years

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...fter-28-years/

Colleen Addair is leaving Cumulus Country 107.7 WIVK Knoxville after 28
years with the station, the last two decades in middays.

Addair, who is resigning from the station on her own terms, will exit
following her show on Friday, October 7. She joined WIVK for nights in 1988
and moved to middays in 1996. While the station is no longer the 20+ share
powerhouse it was in the past, WIVK is still the consistent leader in the
Knoxville market.

Alan Cross: An Incredible Story of Dumb Luck That Changed My Life Forever

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/t...-life-forever/

Hot 95.7 Houston Resets On-Air Lineup

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...on-air-lineup/

CBS CHR Hot 95.7 KKHH Houston has named new midday and night hosts.

Michelle McKnight, most recently in middays at 94.1 KTFM San Antonio, takes
the midday slot while Jay Dee will host nights from 7-10pm starting today.

McKnight and Jay Dee have both been among those filling in on those
dayparts since they became vacant in June. They complete the lineup reboot
started when Coco Dominguez moved from nights to afternoons to replace
Keola Lui-Kwan.

CBS RADIO Houston’s HOT 95-7 (KKHH-FM) announced that beginning today,
Monday, Oct. 3, Michele McKnight will officially take over middays
(weekdays, 10:00AM – 3:00PM), and JayDee (DJ Dizzle) joins the station as
the new evening host, (weeknights, 7:00 – 10:00PM). HOT 95-7 can be heard
on-air, online at www.hot957houston.com or via the Radio.com app for mobile
devices.

Both McKnight and Jay Dee have been rotating shifts on a part time basis
for HOT 95-7 since June.

Charese Fruge, Vice President, Programming, CBS RADIO Houston says “It’s
always an honor to be able to hire people from within. I have witnessed
both JayDee and Michelle step up in the community, hone their talents and
become big team players in a very short period of time. I am proud of both
of them, and happy to see them grow.

“In addition, I’d like to thank DJ T Gray who also stepped up in a big way
to help us during our search,” Fruge added. “He’s a market vet and despite
his busy schedule as the official DJ of the Houston Rockets, he has managed
to be there every time we’ve made the call. He is an integral part of the
team and we are excited to name him the official DJ for the Hot Lunch Mix
which can be heard Monday – Friday from 12p to 1p on HOT 95-7.”

“It is a dream come true for me to continue building my foundation and my
career in my hometown of Houston,” said McKnight. “There were a lot of
sleepless nights and cross country moves to get to this point, and I am so
humbled and grateful that Charese saw enough in me to bless me with such a
fantastic opportunity. Im beyond excited to call HOT 95-7 my home!”

“It’s a real blessing to be a part of a company like CBS RADIO Houston. I’m
thankful for Sarah Frazier and Charese Fruge’s belief in my capabilities,
and look forward to learning more under their guidance and rocking the
night show in Houston,” said JayDee.

McKnight held several roles in radio in Houston including promotions
positions for KRBE-FM, KFNC-FM and KHJK-FM and was on-air on KMJQ-FM and
KBXX-FM. After success in the Midwest and San Antonio, she is returning to
her hometown of Houston.

A native Texan, JayDee started his career in music as a DJ in Corpus
Christi, and eventually traveled the world as a backup dancer for The
Kumbia Kings.

Real 98.3 Brings Urban Battle To Indianapolis

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-indianapolis/

iHeartMedia indeed launched Urban Real 98.3 WZRL Plainfield/Indianapolis IN
at noon today.

The new format will debut commercial-free and jockless for the month of
October with the usual 10,000 joints in a row. The syndicated Breakfast
Club will debut in mornings on Thursday, November 3.

iHeartMedia Indianapolis flips Country WUBG-FM to Urban as Real 98.3, with
the slogan The new home of Hip Hop and RB for Indianapolis. The station
will kick off with 10,000 joints in a row commercial-free, featuring hits
from Hip Hop and RB artists like Drake, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Usher,
Jay-Z and Beyonce. In addition, Real 98.3 will be anchored by syndicated
The Breakfast Club in mornings beginning November 3 and features DJ Envy,
Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God.

We are Naps new home for Hip Hop and RB, said iHeartMedia Indianapolis
Senior VP/Programming Mike Killabrew. Theres no better way to establish
that than by kicking things off with 10,000 songs in a row.

This is an exciting and powerful addition to the iHeartMedia Indianapolis
portfolio, added iHeartMedias Kentucky-Indiana Region and Senior VP/Urban
Operations President Earl Jones. Hip Hop is thriving and I cant wait to get
things rolling.

Real 98.3s full programming lineup will be announced soon. Fans can listen
to Real 98.3 on the stations website, www.real983fm.com, and on
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedias all-in-one digital music and live streaming radio
service.

Original Report 10/2: iHeartMedia has pulled the plug on low-rated Country
Big 98.3 Plainfield/Indianapolis IN as the station is now running a loop
promoting Change Is Coming at 12pm on Monday, October 3.

As we reported on on September 1, iHeart had registered Real983.com and
Real983FM.com with WUBG as the likely recipient. iHeart has reserved new
WZRL call letters, which confirms the Real branding and Urban format coming
to the station.

The Indianapolis rimshot was acquired by iHeartMedia in May 2015 along with
an AM in Salt Lake City as part of Radio Disneys sell-off for $1.95 million
and flipped to Country in July 2015. As the third Country FM in the market,
it never had much of an impact on Emmis 97.1 Hank-FM WLHK and Cumulus 95.5
WFMS. In the just released September Nielsen Audio ratings, WUBG had a 1.0
share to WFMS 6.0 and WLHKs 4.7.

A flip to Urban will place the station in direct competition with
Radio-Ones Hot 96.3 WHHH. That station currently ranks tenth with a 4.3
share.

Josh Innes Returns To Houston At 790 KBME

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-at-790-kbme/

iHeartMedias Sports 790 KBME Houston has announced the addition of Josh
Innes for afternoons.

Innes, who was let go from CBS 94.1 WIP Philadelphia in August, will return
to Houston starting Monday, October 10. Prior to going to Philadelphia at
the start of 2014, Innes co-hosted afternoons at CBS Sports Radio 610 KILT
Houston.

Innes will replace Charlie Pallilo in the 3-7pm timeslot at KBME.

Sports Talk 790 AM, Live Local Sports Talk for Houston announced today the
addition of on air personality Josh Innes to its weekday lineup. Beginning
October 10, Innes will host the afternoon drive show weekdays from 3 7 p.m.

“I’m thrilled to be adding such a wildly entertaining show to our live and
local lineup. Josh is a unique talent who approaches sports talk radio like
no other,” said Bryan Erickson, Director of AM Programming for iHeartMedia
Houston.

Innes returns to Houston where he hosted afternoon drive for CBS Radio
before leaving for Philadelphia for a similar role at Sports Radio 94 WIP.
Innes got his start in his hometown of Baton Rouge at WJBO.

“I am coming home. Sports radio in Houston is about to change,” said Innes

Full Sports Talk 790 programming line-up:

· The Proper Gentlemen with Lance Zierlein Matt Thomas from 6 -10 a.m.

· In the Trenches with Koch Kalu from 10 a.m. 12 p.m.

· The Bottom Line with Jones and Clanton from 12 3 p.m.

· The Josh Innes Show from 3 7 p.m.

In addition to being live and local from 6 a.m. 7 p.m., Sports Talk 790 is
home of the Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, and UT football and basketball.

Modern AC River Flows Into Albuquerque

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...o-albuquerque/

American General Media has flipped Rhythmic CHR Wild 106.7 KAGM Los
Alamos/Albuquerque to Modern AC 106.7 The River.

The new format positions the station directly in-between iHeartMedia Hot AC
100.3 The Peak KPEK and Alternative 104.1 The Edge KTEG. The stations
playlist features Pop/Alternative hits of the past 15-20 years positioned
as Its All About The Music and guaranteeing 10 songs in a row.

Prior to the format change, Picazzo Stevens exited as PD of KAGM and sister
CHR Z106.3 KDLW.

Dick Taylor: Reflecting on Radio Show 2016

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2016/10/0...dio-show-2016/

WDZN Moves To Classic Hits

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-classic-hits/

West Virginia Radio Corporation flipped Rock Z100 99.5 WDZN
Midland/Cumberland MD to Classic Hits this morning.

Now branding by the frequency and call letters, the change brings a new
on-air staff. Jordan Nicewarner, who had been hosting weekends on sister
CHR 94.1 WQZK in addition to serving a the play-by-play voice for
Hagerstown Suns baseball, will host mornings. Jaime Ames, middayer at
sister CHR 101.9 WVAQ Morgantown WV, will voicetrack the same shift at
WDZN. Pat Sullivan, morning host at AC Magic 100.5 WDYK Ridgely
WV/Cumberland, will pull double duty in afternoons at WDZN.

WDZN becomes the second Classic Hits station in the Cumberland market
joining Cumberland Broadcasting Companys Classic Hits 107.1 WCBC-FM Keyser
WV.