Old February 1st 04, 10:46 PM
Kurt Albershardt

Ty Ford wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

Old February 2nd 04, 02:28 AM
Laurence Payne

On 1 Feb 2004 22:46:37 GMT, Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

From a realaudio stream to something you can store, I imagine :-)

If you can hear it, you can record it. Run some program that records
a wav while playing the realaudio stream. If you've set up the right
Record source in your soundcard's mixer (probably found in the system
tray), you'll get a recording.

Windows\ Audio recorder will do. there are many more elegant
programs, from freeware upwards.

Old February 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Ty Ford

In Article , Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

Converting from analog audio to RealAudio so an event could be streamed live.

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Old February 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Ty Ford

In Article , Laurence Payne
wrote:
On 1 Feb 2004 22:46:37 GMT, Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

From a realaudio stream to something you can store, I imagine :-)

If you can hear it, you can record it. Run some program that records
a wav while playing the realaudio stream. If you've set up the right
Record source in your soundcard's mixer (probably found in the system
tray), you'll get a recording.

Windows\ Audio recorder will do. there are many more elegant
programs, from freeware upwards.

No from live audio, say at a conference, to realAudio soyou can stream live
to the web?

I know there are hardware codecs for some formats that do realtime
conversion (minus latency), but is there a software or harware codec that
ctakes live audio and converts it in realtime to the RealAudio format?

Old February 2nd 04, 06:53 PM
Vinyl Bytes

"Ty Ford" wrote

Converting from analog audio to RealAudio so an event could be streamed

live.

I think for that you'd have to get the encoding/streaming software from
RealAudio. It's been 4 or 5 years since I looked into it, and at that time
they offered a simple basic one for free. Check their website.
http://www.realnetworks.com/products/

--
Dave - a.k.a. Vinyl Bytes, streaming MP3

Old February 2nd 04, 07:41 PM
Kurt Albershardt

Ty Ford wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

Converting from analog audio to RealAudio so an event could be streamed live.

I think some of the higher end Osprey cards will do this
http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey.html

Old February 3rd 04, 01:15 AM
Bb

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
In Article , Laurence Payne
wrote:
On 1 Feb 2004 22:46:37 GMT, Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

From a realaudio stream to something you can store, I imagine :-)

If you can hear it, you can record it. Run some program that records
a wav while playing the realaudio stream. If you've set up the right
Record source in your soundcard's mixer (probably found in the system
tray), you'll get a recording.

Windows\ Audio recorder will do. there are many more elegant
programs, from freeware upwards.

No from live audio, say at a conference, to realAudio soyou can stream

live
to the web?

I know there are hardware codecs for some formats that do realtime
conversion (minus latency), but is there a software or harware codec that
ctakes live audio and converts it in realtime to the RealAudio format?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Jetaudio will create the .rm (.ra) files for you. The Plus version contains
Jetcast for internet broadcast. May help ?

Cheers

Old March 5th 04, 03:44 PM
Larry W4CSC

Get Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com for the princely sum of
$12. It'll even create your MP3 for you on-the-fly, ready for playing
on any MP3 player in any speed you can think of.

Total Recorder is like a proxy server for your sound card. Any
software that sends data to the soundcard can be easily ripped to a
file. It also works the other way. Audio sources plugged into your
soundcard, converted by the soundcard to wav are also ripped.

Because the soundcard must have unencrypted wav audio, there's no
hacking around it. I listen to my favorite BBC programmes in my car
on my Archos hard drive MP3 player, here. Works great!

UPgrades for life are free with your princely $12 subscription.
They'll email you when there's an upgrade. It does a lot of more
things since I first bought it....(c;

On 30 Jan 2004 22:28:40 GMT, (Rob) wrote:

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

When put this link into my webbrowser it loads up the Real Media
Player and streams the show. Now I tried to capture this show with
NetTransport by setting the URL to that address. Unfortunately, it
downloads not the right thing but only some file with the size of 210
bytes.

How can I capture this stream? What other free software is out there
that can record Real Media Streams?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Old March 6th 04, 01:52 AM
Svilen

I'd like to get back to Nettransport, hope you guys can help me.
Has anyone tried to use it with a proxy?
I tried to download through a
proxy . I added the proxy, but when
I tried to validate it with HTTP Connect it could not
connect to the www.microsoft.com. If I chose HTTPGet
it works ok. If I configure this proxy in the IE6.0 it
works perfectly ok. Also, if I try to download a file
configuring this proxy in Other SettingsProxySingle
Proxy it can not connect. If I use direct Connection,
everything works ok.
What am I doing wrong? How can I make it download
through a proxy?
Thanks in advance.