", forum, newsgroup,radio" /> " Broadcasting" /> "We want to put our meat in your <bleeep>" - RadioBanter

Old March 14th 04, 05:16 PM
Tom Betz

Default "We want to put our meat in your "

This is just too stupid.

During the Friday, 3/12 Ted Bell segment during Hendrie's first KFI hour, I
noticed that the last word ("mouth") of the long-running Ted's of Beverly
Hill's jingle was bleeped, each time it occurred.

Is Clear Channel that reactionary these days, or is Hendrie forcing the issue
himself? Is the word "mouth" being bleeped on the non-CC stations that carry
his show?

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old March 15th 04, 02:52 AM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
This is just too stupid.

During the Friday, 3/12 Ted Bell segment during Hendrie's first KFI hour,
noticed that the last word ("mouth") of the long-running Ted's of Beverly
Hill's jingle was bleeped, each time it occurred.

Is Clear Channel that reactionary these days, or is Hendrie forcing the
issue
himself? Is the word "mouth" being bleeped on the non-CC stations that
carry
his show?

Er, in case you have not noticed, the show is a parody of everything.

Bleeping "mouth" actually makes the imagination think of something even
worse, pointing out one of the problems of censorship.

You post proves the validity of the idea of requiring a license to be able
to listen to the radio.

Old March 16th 04, 06:53 PM
Tom Betz

"David Eduardo" wrote in news:c335oj$nco$1
@xuxa.iecc.com:

Bleeping "mouth" actually makes the imagination think of something even
worse, pointing out one of the problems of censorship.

That was one of the possibilities I'm willing to explore.

We shall see whether Phil reads any listener mails tonight complaining
about this latest level of censorship.

As I wrote:

is Hendrie forcing the issue himself?

Obviously, I didn't make my meaning plain enough for you to understand it.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |

Old December 13th 04, 06:10 PM

I'd prefer that the word "meat" be bleeped and "MOUTH" NOT be bleeped
since the important thing here's the MEAT!