Old March 16th 04, 06:53 PM
Peter

Default Arbitron alternatives

Are there any companies out there which basically do the same thing
Arbitron does? Does Arbitron have any competitors?

Old March 17th 04, 04:14 PM
t.hoehler

"Peter" wrote in message
Are there any companies out there which basically do the same thing
Arbitron does? Does Arbitron have any competitors?

There used to be a company, _ Pulse Incorporated _ back in the sixties and
seventies that produced a book here in Louisville. I don't know whether they
are around anymore. I do know that their ratings and Arbitron's were always
being compared by the two local r&r stations, WAKY and WKLO. Oh God, what
ratings games they played! It was FUN top 40 radio back then. Louisville was
a break out market and with two stations vying for those teen and YA bucks,
we heard new music weeks before they were playing it on other stations.
/regards,
Tom

Old March 17th 04, 04:14 PM
David Eduardo

"Peter" wrote in message
Are there any companies out there which basically do the same thing
Arbitron does?

In small markets, there is one alternative.

Does Arbitron have any competitors?

Not now. In the past, since they started the current radio diary survey in
about 1965, we have had The Pulse, C.E. Hooper, Mediastat, Mediatrend,
Burke, Audits & Surveys, Birch. None won advertiser acceptance, or, in the
case of the first two, lost it due to mythology concerns.

In major markets, and among major advertisers, Arbitron has nearly universal
acceptance.

Alternatives Eugene General 2 October 13th 03 11:00 PM
Alternatives Eugene General 0 October 13th 03 10:34 PM
arbitron summaries David Eduardo Broadcasting 1 July 24th 03 05:19 PM