Old April 2nd 20, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Tailgate 107.3 Charleston WV Flips To Country

RadioInsight

Tailgate 107.3 Charleston WV Flips To Country

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ps-to-country/

West Virginia Radio Corporation flipped Party Hits Tailgate 107.3 WKAZ-FM
Miami/Charleston WV to Country 107.3 KAZ on Wednesday.

The new format creates a Country combo with co-owned Classic Country 96.1
KWS WKWS Charleston and competitor to Bristol Broadcastings 97.5 WQBE.

WKAZ has added Premiere Networks The Bobby Bones Show for mornings while a
pair of staffers at WKWS will pull double-duty on the new brand. Billy
Brown, who hosts afernoons at WKWS will add middays at WKAZ-FM, while
Chappel Fisher will host the reverse shifts.

WKAZ-FM held a 1.8 share of the Charleston market in the Fall 2019 Nielsen
Audio ratings. Its former format featured a mix of Country and CHR currents
along with gold tracks dating back to the 1970s.

The post Tailgate 107.3 Charleston WV Flips To Country appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Mike Waters Joins KOKZ As Morning Host

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-morning-host/

NRG Media has announced it has hired Mike Waters as morning host at Classic
Hits 105.7 KOKZ Waterloo IA.

Waters joins NRG from afternoons at Radio FM Media Classic Rock 107.9 The
Fox KPFX Fargo. He has also hosted mornings at WOLX Madison WI and
programmed WMDM Mechanicsville MD and multiple stations in Fargo during his
career.

NRG Media announced today Mike Waters has joined NRG Media in the Cedar
Rapids/Waterloo market as Morning On-Air Talent for 105.7 KOKZ. Mike will
begin broadcasting live 5:30 am Monday, April 6, 2020.

“We are thrilled to have Mike join NRG Media as the voice for 105.7 KOKZ
for the morning drive. He brings over 30 years experience in the radio
industry across a variety of formats. Mike understands the importance of
NRG’s mission to provide great local radio,” stated NRG Media Operations
Manager, Jeff Winfield.

Waters commented, “I look forward to the opportunity to work with a great
team already in place in the market! I’m excited about the opportunity
work with a very talented group of individuals, a great radio company. I
can’t wait to get on air.”

The post Mike Waters Joins KOKZ As Morning Host appeared first on
RadioInsight.

AdWeek: Travel Advertising Fell by as Much as 90% in March

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketi...percent-march/

The post AdWeek: Travel Advertising Fell by as Much as 90% in March
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Entercom Announces Layoffs, Furloughs And Pay Cuts For Employees

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...for-employees/

Entercom has become the latest radio operator to announce a series of
layoffs, furloughs, and pay cuts for employees.

In a memo from CEO David Field, the company details some of the financial
moves it needs to take during this crisis. Beyond the people that will be
exiting or furloughed of whose numbers have not been disclosed, the company
is suspending its stock dividends and 401K matching and implementing salary
reductions in the second quarter between 10 and 20 percent for any
employees with a salary above $50,000 per year. Field himself will take a
30% paycut.

Among the names exiting the company today a

Kenny Jay, leaves as Program Director of Country US99 WUSN Chicago and
102.9 The Wolf KMNB Minneapolis. Jay joined WUSN in January 2018 and
readded those duties at KMNB last November after previously programming it
and 94.1 KMPS Seattle for CBS Radio.

Smokey Rivers departs as Program Director/afternoon host of Soft AC 94.1
The Sound KSWD Seattle after two years. Rivers joined KSWD in May 2018
after recent roles as OM for Scripps Tucson, VP/Programming for iHeartMedia
Phoenix and VP/AC format for CBS Radio.

Kasper is out as afternoon host at Country US99 WUSN Chicago after four
years. Kasper joined WUSN after previous stints at WAKS Cleveland, WRVQ
Richmond, WIOQ Philadelphia and WRTS Erie.

Eric Tyler departs afternoons at CHR B96 WBBM-FM Chicago. Tyler originally
joined WBBM-FM as night host in 2016 and was quickly promoted to
afternoons. He previously spent a decade as APD/MD at Kiss 106.1 KBKS
Seattle.

Andrea Duffy has exited middays at AC B101.1 WBEB Philadelphia after seven
years with the station.

Casey Reed has announced her exit from mornings at CHR 96.5 TDY WTDY-FM
Philadelphia. Reed joined WTDY-FM in November 2018 after working at
multiple other CHRs in Philadelphia.

Amanda Casey exits middays at Hot AC Q104 WQAL Cleveland. Casey had been in
the position since July 2018.

Aaron Carreno exits as morning host at Mix 105.1 WMHX Madison and afternoon
host at 99.1 The Mix WMYX Milwaukee. Carreno joined WMYX in September 2018
after hosting afternoons at Entercoms KZPT Kansas City.

Ryan Gibbons departs as morning show producer at CHR 103.7 Kiss-FM WXSS
Milwaukee. Gibbons joined WXSS in 2016 after stints in Philadelphia and
Seattle.

Jeffrey Jmatt Matthias departs Digital Program Director for Entercom
Milwaukee and midday host at WXSS.

Chuck Friemond departs mornings at Sports 105.7 The Fan 1250 WSSP Milwaukee
after 11 years with the station.

Also at WSSP, Bill Schmid departs as part of the afternoon Wendys Big Show.

Zach Duarte is out as night host at Sports 790 The Ticket WAXY Miami.

Trevor Murray exited WAXY after fourteen years. Most recently Murray had
been working as a part-time host at the station.

Julie DiCaro exits as night host at Sports 670 The Score WSCR Chicago.

Connor McKnight departs as midday co-host at WSCR.

Jason Snupe Daniel exits afternoons at Hot 95.9 K240EL Austin and high
school sports host on 1370 KJCE.

Terry Phillips departs as Creative Services Director at Country 99.5 WYCD
and Classic Hits 104.3 WOMC Detroit just shy of twenty years with the
stations.

Sassy exits as Program Director/afternoon host at CHR 103.7 Kiss-FM WKXJ
Chattanooga.

Slightly departs as afternoon host at Hot AC 94.9 The Point WPTE and nights
at CHR Z104 WNVZ Norfolk.

Were told that a lot of the cuts were also focused on the promotions and
local digital departments within the company as well as significant
reductions to the companys national production team.

Thank you for your resilience, dedication and fortitude as we manage
through the extraordinarily challenging and disruptive impact of the
COVID-19 pandemic. We are all doing our best to ensure that our loved ones
remain safe and healthy while working tirelessly to serve our listeners,
customers, and communities. I am deeply appreciative of everything you are
doing to keep us moving forward under these difficult conditions. We are
fortunate to work in an industry that plays such an important role in our
country at a time of crisis, providing a critically important and trusted
local voice for news and information as well as entertainment,
companionship and respite during these uncertain times.

Unfortunately, the severity of the situation necessitates us making
significant cost reductions in order to cope with the realities at hand.
Our nation is facing unprecedented disruption that has shut down countless
businesses and entire industries, including many of our customers. This is
having a very large impact on advertising revenues. We must take hard but
necessary actions to ensure that we endure the crisis and emerge as a
strong, healthy and competitive company.

I am deeply saddened that we need to make these painful moves at this time,
but they are necessary under the circumstances. We are doing everything in
our power to minimize the number of layoffs through shared sacrifice across
the organization, but we will still need to eliminate or furlough a
significant number of positions. In order to make the transition less
painful for our colleagues, we will be providing up to an extra month of
additional severance for those individuals for whom their normal severance
and the recently announced enhanced federal unemployment benefits provide
less support. In addition, we will be providing enhanced employee benefits
for furloughed team members.

We will also be taking other cost reduction actions at this time, including
the temporary suspension of our dividend and our 401K Company match, the
elimination of Q1 and Q2 bonuses, and temporary salary reductions of
between 10% and 20% for anyone earning a salary in excess of $50,000 per
year. I will be taking a 30% salary reduction. We hope to restore regular
salaries, bonus eligibility and our 401K plan match at the start of the
third quarter. I very much appreciate the sacrifice that people will be
making in these difficult times.

We will get through this crisis and put this all behind us. Better days
lie ahead. With the tough but necessary actions we are now taking, we are
doing what is required for us to preserve the health of the company and
ensure that we are strong when we get to the other side. Our future is
further protected by our strong financial position with substantial cash
reserves and virtually no debt due before 2024. And when the crisis
abates, we look forward to resuming our growth and building on our strong
strategic position as a leader in the audio business, including the best
lineup of local radio stations in the United States.

I deeply appreciate your dedication and commitment and look forward to
better times ahead.

We will be following up with additional information shortly.

Yours,

David

The post Entercom Announces Layoffs, Furloughs And Pay Cuts For Employees
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Indie 102.3 Expands To Colorado Springs

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...orado-springs/

Colorado Public Radio has expanded their AAA Indie 102.3 brand to Colorado
Springs.

Following CPRs deal to take over operations of 91.5 KRCC Colorado Springs
and it aligning of its daytime schedules, 1490 KXRE/102.1 K271CK Manitou
Springs has now moved from a simulcast of Public News/Talk 90.1 KCFR-FM
Denver to the AAA brand heard on 102.3 KVOQ Greenwood Village and 90.9
K215FM Fort Collins.

Colorado Public Radio has also temporarily suspended KRCCs evening music
programming for the purposes of keeping the KRCC staff away from potential
spread of COVID-19 and expanding programming from KCFR and BBC World
Service in its place for now.

The post Indie 102.3 Expands To Colorado Springs appeared first on
RadioInsight.