Old July 9th 04, 04:14 AM
David Eduardo

"misterfact" wrote in message
"David Eduardo" wrote in message news:cchg2n$4d8

But a person who chats about social and political issues is chatting... a
form of entertainment.

How about a talk show host who reads a news story from a news
service posting and inserts his own LIES in the story- and passes it
off as having been read verbatum? HuM?

How do you know that? The news services the media get are often not the same
content as what you can get for free online. And a news commentator can,
legitimately, insert comments as they read a story. An analogy would be a
movie commentator who inserts comments between movie clips.

Rush Limbaugh, in the 1988 R&R Talk Radio Seminar in Washington, stated
he
was first and foremost an entertainer. Talk shows are listened to for
their
entertainment value. News shows are listened to for their informational
value.

Paraphrasing a Spanish saying, "you can't get pears from an elm tree."

Who ever brought up the name "Limbaugh" in all this? Why would you
immediately mention Rush Limbaugh regarding this topic of falsifying
the news?

I brought up Limbaugh because he made the statement I wanted to cite. If
Mickey Mouse had made it, I would credit the rhodent instead. The point was
to show that even the most listened to host is aware that talk shows based
on commentary are entertainment.

Limbaugh is hardly an expert at labeling himself.

And out of the millions who listen to him, you are the only one perceptive
enough to spot a lie? Or maybe the other 19,999,999 people realize he is
commenting, engaging in hyperbole, making fun of things, and generally
trying to entertain.

Sorry-
when ANYONE professes to be reading facts (wether from a news service
or from a medical journal)- and inserts his own LIES and then tells us
"I'm reading this verbatum"- YOU may label that "entertainment" but I
think most of us label it something else.

You label it your way. You are playing salmon in this argument, and doing
some serious swimming upstream against the current.

p.s. Are you Rush Limbaugh posing as David Eduardo?

No, I Am The Walrus.

Old July 10th 04, 05:09 AM
Paul Jensen

"misterfact" wrote in message

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

A person commenting on the news is - guess what? RIGHT! He's NOT A
REPORTER! The commentary is an OPINION!

A person who says he is reading a news report verbatum right off the
wire service is a NEWS REPORTER

uh....no he's not. If he reads a news item, then comments on it, he is not
a reporter, but a commentator. Commenting on the news item he just read.
Now if someone does this, you've heard the news story and you've heard the
opinion. You can decide. Oh wait - you want to decide for everyone else
what they hear. Maybe you could try China. Or Cuba.

Old August 22nd 04, 05:55 PM
misterfact

"Paul Jensen" wrote in message ...
"misterfact" wrote in message

If you think that the statements, "Styrofoam is bio-degradable" or
"nicotene is not addictive" or "Dioxin is not a health hazard" are
just someone's subjective opinion- fine! Most of us out here,
(including chemists)consider the statements LIES or the opinions of
an idiot.I am here just to expose all the liars and idiots who host
radio talk shows today. I am simply dis-crediting them.

No, you're trying to use the power of government (FCC) to take away first
amendment rights of talk show hosts. That is a far cry from "I am here just
to expose all the liars..." You came into this forum flaunting your letter
to the FCC with some sort of expectation that they should be some sort of
truth police. You don't need to try and revise what you said here earlier.
You came into a broadcaster's group and tried to tell them the FCC should
penalize talkers you feel are liars. What kind of response did you really
expect? Nobody needs you, or the FCC, to determine for them what the truth
is.

I don't think that yelling "fire" in an auditorium is a first
ammendment right. Neither do I believe that broadcasting a fire
warning when none exists, on a radio station - is a first ammendment
right. I guess you do!