Old July 6th 04, 05:35 PM
misterfact

pamthis (Sid Schweiger) wrote in message ...
I hardly think that a talk show host who continuously lies about facts- would

qualify as an entertainer. A broadcast "fraud" would better apply.

Your opinion.

I wasn't using the host as a reference. Since the airwaves are being used, I

have a right to expect they are being used fairly.

I love it when people invoke "rights," having no idea whatsoever whether those
rights actually exist. It must be some new thing, where just by claiming
"rights" they are magically manufactured out of thin air.

He was lying about a chemical analysis of the product which, if believed

without obtaining the safety data sheet- (and I have no doubt that his analysis
was believed by many listeners)- has no doubt caused some people to become sick
at the very least.

If there's "no doubt," then prove it. Right here. Post your proof for the
world to see.

The proof was sent to the FCC. They have done nothing about it.
First proove to us that you are an expert at analizing chemical data.
Second- you appear to be disputing the FACT that styrofoam is not
bio-degradeable. This leads me to believe that you are unqualified to
accept chemical facts when they stare you in the face. You also appear
to be disputing the FACT that many dioxins are poisonous. If you want
the facts- it appears to me that the first order of business would be
for you to hear the TAPES which document the lies. Get a group
together of 100 or more people-(hopefully a few with chemical and
toxicological expertise)- interested in hearing the tapes and it will
be worth my time toplay them for you- free of charge.

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Sid Schweiger

First proove to us that you are an expert at analizing chemical data.

Wrong. It's YOU making assertions that someone is lying. It's up to YOU to
prove it. It's not up to me to prove anything.

Second- you appear to be disputing the FACT that styrofoam is not

bio-degradeable. This leads me to believe that you are unqualified to accept
chemical facts when they stare you in the face.

Wrong again. Show me where I disputed your so-called "fact" (which you have
yet to prove).

You also appear to be disputing the FACT that many dioxins are poisonous.

Yet another assertion without proof.

If you want the facts- it appears to me that the first order of business would

be for you to hear the TAPES which document the lies.

Wrong yet again. Tapes, by themselves, document only what someone said. They
don't document lies OR facts. YOU say they're lies...so YOU have to prove it.

Get a group together of 100 or more people-(hopefully a few with chemical and

toxicological expertise)- interested in hearing the tapes and it will be worth
my time toplay them for you- free of charge.

Gee, that's a nice little evasion you've got going there. You'll only play the
tapes for 100 people.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! Sorry, but thanks for playing. Trolls are ineligible to
win, but tell him about his consolation prizes, Don Pardo...

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Sid Schweiger

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector or talk
show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess what? RIGHT! A NEWS
COMMENTATOR !

You can keep saying that until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't make
you correct...and it only shows your lack of understanding of the broadcast
business.

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
David Eduardo

"misterfact" wrote in message
[...]

Since they have no jurisdiction, that seems logical.

First proove to us that you are an expert at analizing chemical data.

I'll bet even "experts" differ on issues.

Second- you appear to be disputing the FACT that styrofoam is not
bio-degradeable. This leads me to believe that you are unqualified to
accept chemical facts when they stare you in the face.

What is this? A styrofoam fetish?

You also appear
to be disputing the FACT that many dioxins are poisonous. If you want
the facts- it appears to me that the first order of business would be
for you to hear the TAPES which document the lies. Get a group
together of 100 or more people-(hopefully a few with chemical and
toxicological expertise)- interested in hearing the tapes and it will
be worth my time toplay them for you- free of charge.

Stop barking. There are no raccoons in this particular tree.

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
David Eduardo

"misterfact" wrote in message

This has been posted in this and other newsgroups for more times than
anyone
can remember, but apparently you haven't bothered to read it even once:
Talk
show hosts are entertainers. They are NOT sources of fact and were
never meant
to be.

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

But a person who chats about social and political issues is chatting... a
form of entertainment.

A song and dance man performing on stage or on the radio is called an
-guess what! RIGHT ! AN ENTERTAINER !

Rush Limbaugh, in the 1988 R&R Talk Radio Seminar in Washington, stated he
was first and foremost an entertainer. Talk shows are listened to for their
entertainment value. News shows are listened to for their informational
value.

Paraphrasing a Spanish saying, "you can't get pears from an elm tree."

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Paul Jensen

"misterfact" wrote in message

This has been posted in this and other newsgroups for more times than

anyone
can remember, but apparently you haven't bothered to read it even

once: Talk
show hosts are entertainers. They are NOT sources of fact and were

never meant
to be.

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

A person commenting on the news is - guess what? RIGHT! He's NOT A
REPORTER! The commentary is an OPINION!

The play-by-play announcer provides tha facts of what happened in the game.
The color COMMENTATOR gives his opinion of the game and/or player.

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Bob Haberkost

"misterfact" wrote in message

This has been posted in this and other newsgroups for more times than anyone
can remember, but apparently you haven't bothered to read it even once: Talk
show hosts are entertainers. They are NOT sources of fact and were never meant
to be.

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

Sorry, but there you're wrong (as the FCC has defined it, anyway.) Limbaugh et.al.
are entertainers, as the programming they provide is entertainment programming which
is not subject to the more demanding tests of a newscast. Further, even though they
comment on current affairs (another facet of journalism) as entertainers they are
still not held accountable for facts, differing opinions or, for that matter, pretty
much anything else.

A song and dance man performing on stage or on the radio is called an
-guess what! RIGHT ! AN ENTERTAINER !

Right.....so now you can understand that your crusade is without merit. The FCC has
bigger fish to fry. Try getting this kind of programming re-classified, and restore
the Fairness Doctrine to its previous role in providing a broad sampling of opinion
on the broadcast media. Then you might have a case.
There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old July 9th 04, 01:44 AM
misterfact

"Paul Jensen" wrote in message ...
"misterfact" wrote in message

This has been posted in this and other newsgroups for more times than

anyone
can remember, but apparently you haven't bothered to read it even

once: Talk
show hosts are entertainers. They are NOT sources of fact and were

never meant
to be.

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

A person commenting on the news is - guess what? RIGHT! He's NOT A
REPORTER! The commentary is an OPINION!

A person who says he is reading a news report verbatum right off the
wire service is a NEWS REPORTER

A person who says he is reading a news report verbatum right off the
wire service and inserts LIES in the report- is......

(FILL IN THE BLANK)

Old July 9th 04, 01:45 AM
Mark Jeffries

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in message ...
Okay, okay, so "fitness" relates to a number of qualities. I get you there. What I
was differentiating, though, was how a licensee could be "unfit" simply by airing
content not considered conventional or even valid....the other misfeasances, criminal
and otherwise, can certainly make a licensee unfit, but there are bigger issues with
those failures than simply giving a soapbox for goofs. Long ago (late 60s?
Certainly early 70s) the FCC made it abundantly clear (in the course of a station
sale and license transfer) that they would have no opinion on an expected format
change with the news owners (I think the station was classical, and its loss was
considered by its audience to be unacceptable).

That was WEFM in Chicago, generally considered the world's first
commercial FM station and a longtime home for classical music. Zenith
Radio decided that they didn't need to run the station as a loss
leader to promote sales of FM radios and sold it to General Cinema,
who then announced that they were going to flip it to Top 40. Even
though there were two other FM signals programming full-time classical
music in Chicago at the time, because a "Citizen's Committee to Save
WFMT" had forced the Tribune Co. to sell that classical station to
WTTW, the public TV station in town, after 'FMT's founder had sold it
to the Tribune, the same people decided to fight WEFM's format switch
with a "Citizen's Committee to Save WEFM." They got a court
injunction in spring 1972 that stopped the format change the night
before it was going to happen--with an air staff hired, billboards out
on the street, ads in the weekend papers and the record library all
packed to be shipped to WNIB, the *other* classical music station in
town.

Soon afterwards, the FCC then washed its hands of judgments on radio
format changes. It still took General Cinema five years to flip the
station, after making agreements to donate programming and materials
to both WNIB and NPR station WBEZ. The flip to Top 40 finally
occurred in early 1978. Like WDHF/WMET a few years earlier, the
station got some teen audiences, but they were unable to take the mass
audience away from WLS and the station flipped to the Schulke II MOR
format at the end of 1980. In 1982, General Cinema sold WEFM to
Greater Media, who flipped the format to country and the call letters
to WUSN-"US99." It's still country and still US99 today, although
Infinity has owned the station for the last decade.

WBEZ dropped its few hours of classical music programming after the
death in the early 80s of Dick Noble, the former WEFM morning drive
man who switched to 'BEZ as part of the format change agreement (and
was moved out of morning drive to 9 a.m.-to-noon when NPR's "Morning
Edition" premiered in 1979). Noble's show was the main classical
programming on the station, which was (and is) primarily talk and
jazz. WNIB, the last ma-and-pa FM in Chicago, was sold to Bonneville
in 2001 for a lot of money and is now the successful classic hits
WDRV--"The Drive." WFMT, still owned by WTTW, is now Chicago's only
commercial classical music station.

Old July 9th 04, 01:45 AM
misterfact

"David Eduardo" wrote in message ...
"misterfact" wrote in message

This has been posted in this and other newsgroups for more times than
anyone
can remember, but apparently you haven't bothered to read it even once:
Talk
show hosts are entertainers. They are NOT sources of fact and were
never meant
to be.

A person who comments on the news (wether a lawyer, garbage collector
or talk show host) is not being an ENTERTAINER- he is being- guess
what? RIGHT! A NEWS COMMENTATOR !

But a person who chats about social and political issues is chatting... a
form of entertainment.

How about a talk show host who reads a news story from a news
service posting and inserts his own LIES in the story- and passes it
off as having been read verbatum? HuM?

A song and dance man performing on stage or on the radio is called an
-guess what! RIGHT ! AN ENTERTAINER !

Rush Limbaugh, in the 1988 R&R Talk Radio Seminar in Washington, stated he
was first and foremost an entertainer. Talk shows are listened to for their
entertainment value. News shows are listened to for their informational
value.

Paraphrasing a Spanish saying, "you can't get pears from an elm tree."

Who ever brought up the name "Limbaugh" in all this? Why would you
immediately mention Rush Limbaugh regarding this topic of falsifying
the news? Limbaugh is hardly an expert at labeling himself. Sorry-
when ANYONE professes to be reading facts (wether from a news service
or from a medical journal)- and inserts his own LIES and then tells us
"I'm reading this verbatum"- YOU may label that "entertainment" but I
think most of us label it something else.

p.s. Are you Rush Limbaugh posing as David Eduardo?