Old June 10th 04, 04:51 PM
Rich Wood

Despite your cuteness, in case you haven't read, some independent
interpretations of trends show that Franken is *beating* Limbaugh in
New York and in the Chicago market before AA was pulled by
Multi-Cultural, the audience doubled to a 2.0, which may not be much
compared to WLS but is still better than *either* sports talk station
in town and in the neighborhood of the mid-rank numbers NPR station
WBEZ gets.

The only "independent interpretation of trends" that matter are those
that are accepted by ad agencies, especially in the network business.

To my knowledge, there are none, especially ones that break out
hour-by-hour figures.

Rich

Old June 10th 04, 04:51 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Greg and Joan wrote:
Actually, my most favorite line from the late President Ronald Reagan =

"Trees pollute."

I believe it was from James Watt, and it was "Trees cause pollution too."
--scott

Old June 25th 04, 04:16 PM
misterfact

(misterfact) wrote in message ...
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

The purpose of these posts is to expose most of the whole lot as a
bunch of pathological liars. Those few who don't lie are reluctant to
publically point fingers at the liars and expose those hosts do. I'm
talking about those who continually commit FCC broadcast law
violations. (Like lying about consumer products for personal profit
and dispensing false medical "information" , thus making people sick
or even die!) These guys (and a few women) are members of a "good-ole
boys talk show host club" who adhere to an unwritten code- to not step
on each others toes. Frankly, those few who don't use their broadcast
pulput to expose the lies of their fellow broadcasters-have no spine
or credibility in my view!

I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 2 in thread
From: David Eduardo )
Subject: Post latest national talk show host LIES- here

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-08 13:33:01 PST

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 3 in thread
From: ab1 )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-08 15:03:01 PST

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

ab1
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 4 in thread

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-09 08:53:02 PST

"ab1" wrote in message ...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

ab1

O.K. here we go:

l. "Styrofoam is bio-degradable" (Said by a national talk show host
in "rebuttal" to those who call for a ban on the use of styrofoam
packaging because the stuff ends up along the roadside and in peoples'
yards- mainly because the industry refuses to take meaningful steps to
promote recycling.) The host may have been paid for promoting the use
of styrofoam by lying about its properties.

2. "Dioxin is NOT a health hazzard!" (Yeh, sure! Neither is
breathing asbestos!)

3. In defense of S.U.Vs: "Detroit is now making fuel-efficient
S.U.V.s" (Yeh, sure! )

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

5. "There is nothing that you or I eat that is on the endangered
species list!" (Yeh, sure- except Cutthroat trout, sturgeon, sockeye
salmon, key deer, oyster mussel and a few hundred others!)

6. "50% of our oil comes from Saudi Arabia." (The correct answer is
17%)

7. "Half the price you pay for a new car from Detroit goes to pay for
the health care plan of auto workers!" (yeh, sure!)

LOTS MORE TO COME. Talk radio is saturated with lies!
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 5 in thread
From: David Eduardo )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-09 19:13:01 PST

"misterfact"
wrote in message

l. "Styrofoam is bio-degradable" (Said by a national talk show host
in "rebuttal" to those who call for a ban on the use of styrofoam
packaging because the stuff ends up along the roadside and in peoples'
yards- mainly because the industry refuses to take meaningful steps to
promote recycling.) The host may have been paid for promoting the use
of styrofoam by lying about its properties.

Or, he simply may be stupid or just uninformed. I have not seen much
of a
styrofoam lobby out there.

2. "Dioxin is NOT a health hazzard!" (Yeh, sure! Neither is
breathing asbestos!)

Stupid. Talk hosts are hired for entertainment value, not knowledge
(witness
Dr. Laura, a physiotherapist).

3. In defense of S.U.Vs: "Detroit is now making fuel-efficient
S.U.V.s" (Yeh, sure! )

They are. There are several hybrid SUVs in pre-production stages.

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

As to the building, apparently they had. The issue was with the
pyrotecnics
of the band.

5. "There is nothing that you or I eat that is on the endangered
species list!" (Yeh, sure- except Cutthroat trout, sturgeon, sockeye
salmon, key deer, oyster mussel and a few hundred others!)

None of which have I eaten, now or ever. "You and I" could easily mean
that
very few of us dine on sturtgeoun, venison, etc.

6. "50% of our oil comes from Saudi Arabia." (The correct answer is
17%)

Stupidity, not necessarily a lie. Most of the US' oil comes form
domestic
sources, Canada, and Latin America.

7. "Half the price you pay for a new car from Detroit goes to pay for
the health care plan of auto workers!" (yeh, sure!)

Wrong, but not that far off. A huge percentage goes to fund pensions
and
health care for present and past workers.

LOTS MORE TO COME. Talk radio is saturated with lies!

Or, simply, stupid hosts engaged in discussions on subjects they are
not
fully informed on.

You are making too much out of small issues.

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 6 in thread
From: Shawn Mamros )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-10 08:53:02 PST

David Eduardo wrote:
"misterfact" wrote in message

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all

those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL

LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

As to the building, apparently they had. The issue was with the

pyrotecnics
of the band.

Actually, there were fire code violations. The most important of
these
was that the stage walls had been lined with flammable packing foam as
a cheap form of sound insulation. Definitely against fire code;
problem
is, the local fire inspector didn't notice it on the last inspection
he
did there.

To bring this marginally back on topic... Among the many parties
being sued is a radio station which gave away tickets to the show.
(Never underestimate the ability of lawyers to go fishing after the
deepest pockets they can find...)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 7 in thread
From: Greg and Joan )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-09 19:13:01 PST

Actually, my most favorite line from the late President Ronald Reagan
=

"Trees pollute."

"misterfact" wrote in message LOTS MORE TO
COME. Talk radio is saturated with lies!

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 8 in thread
From: Scott Dorsey )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting

From: Mark Jeffries )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting
Date: 2004-06-09 19:13:01 PST

"ab1" wrote in message ...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

Despite your cuteness, in case you haven't read, some independent
interpretations of trends show that Franken is *beating* Limbaugh in
New York and in the Chicago market before AA was pulled by
Multi-Cultural, the audience doubled to a 2.0, which may not be much
compared to WLS but is still better than *either* sports talk station
in town and in the neighborhood of the mid-rank numbers NPR station
WBEZ gets.

It's too early to tell, but Air America may just succeed despite all
of their bumbling.
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 10 in thread
From: Rich Wood )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.broadcasting

Old June 25th 04, 07:04 PM
Sid Schweiger

I'm talking about those who continually commit FCC broadcast law violations.
(Like lying about consumer products for personal profit and dispensing false
medical "information" , thus making people sick or even die!)

Since you're so cock-sure this stuff is against the law, please give an exact
citation of the laws you think these people are breaking.

Old June 26th 04, 05:33 AM
David Eduardo

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'm
talking about those who continually commit FCC broadcast law
violations. (Like lying about consumer products for personal profit
and dispensing false medical "information" , thus making people sick
or even die!)

What FCC "laws" would they be violating, please.

Old June 26th 04, 05:30 PM
Bob Haberkost

"Sid Schweiger" wrote in message
I'm talking about those who continually commit FCC broadcast law violations.

(Like lying about consumer products for personal profit and dispensing false
medical "information" , thus making people sick or even die!)

Since you're so cock-sure this stuff is against the law, please give an exact
citation of the laws you think these people are breaking.

It's not the FCC, but the Federal Trade Commission, which has jurisdiction. 15 USC
Sec. 52. http://www.ftc.gov/temp/chapter_2.htm#Sec.%2052

The entire section is http://www.ftc.gov/temp/chapter_2.htm, as you might expect.

Nonetheless, if claims made in radio advertising are deceptive or false, they are
illegal, so to that that degree the writer is correct..
There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old June 27th 04, 07:06 AM
Sid Schweiger

It's not the FCC, but the Federal Trade Commission, which has jurisdiction.
15 USC Sec. 52. http://www.ftc.gov/temp/chapter_2.htm#Sec.%2052

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Mr. Know-It-All.

PLEASE DON'T FEEL THE TROLLS!!!!

Old June 27th 04, 07:13 PM
Bob Haberkost

"Sid Schweiger" wrote in message
It's not the FCC, but the Federal Trade Commission, which has jurisdiction.

15 USC Sec. 52. http://www.ftc.gov/temp/chapter_2.htm#Sec.%2052

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Mr. Know-It-All.

PLEASE DON'T FEEL THE TROLLS!!!!

Excuse me, Sid, but as you've asked in a newsgroup, it seems to me that there's
nothing which prevents me from responding.

Further, troll or not, I think this guy has a respectable mission....the amount of
quackery, deception and outright larceny which passes for legitimate advertising
needs to be stopped, whether it's weight-loss pills, invention patent acquirers or
FCC spectrum lottery shares (of course, where is the FTC with the new "Medicare
discount" cards that are being advertised now?).

The only trouble with FTC regs is that a complaint, or several, need be launched
before they'll take action. Not that I would expect otherwise, since a more
agressive effort would be prohibitively expensive, probably treads on free-speech
guarantees, and still wouldn't make much of a difference. It's still up to the
consumer to be at least a little cautious before plunking down money for a dubiously
useful product or service. But I applaud anyone who would make an effort to collect
(and, I would assume, act on) these abuses so as to make fraudulent and deceptive
advertisers more likely to see the scrutiny of the FTC.
If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not
living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Canadian Prime Minister - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old June 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Sid Schweiger

Excuse me, Sid, but as you've asked in a newsgroup, it seems to me that
there's nothing which prevents me from responding.

No, there isn't, but I wanted Mr. Know-It-All to defend his position. You
didn't need to help him out.

Old June 29th 04, 04:02 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Sid Schweiger" wrote in message
Excuse me, Sid, but as you've asked in a newsgroup, it seems to me that

there's nothing which prevents me from responding.

No, there isn't, but I wanted Mr. Know-It-All to defend his position. You
didn't need to help him out.

Well, okay, but I thought the purpose of newsgroups were, among other goals, to help
each other out. But I now see that the protestor is looking at programming which,
depending on the pitch, isn't covered by FTC mandates....given what passes for
entertainment programming these days, listeners are on their own to determine the
efficacy or prudence in adopting practices or strategies heard on air (a hint,
though.....it's worth every penny paid).